The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Friends, and......HAPPY THURSDAY! Weekend is com'n along nicely.....looking forward to it.

Before I open the Breakfast Table in the mornings, I glance back at the forum to see what the previous title was, so I know what day of the week it is......only 2 cups of joe doesn't really kick start this stubborn old brain.....THIS WEEK'S appears you'd need cliff notes to untangle.....

Lot's of action on here in the over night, taking some thinking before just diving in......mostly behind the scenes oobly, goobly.

Coffee is on and trying it darndest to reach the penthouse, and breakfast hasn't gotten any thoughts yet.

Peace n high hopes for All,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hack I have every skill, and work harder than pretty much anyone but you. Dead serious about this. That sounds like a "forever" job to me.

Got my number?
Now wouldn't THAT just put a new twist on the Breakfast Threads........having two of us rushing from the Table to catch the same boat in the mornings. In the history of the TRT Training Table threads has THAT ever happened.....2 members not only living near by, but working together as well? 馃 We'll chat when my higher functions are are active.....
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. I鈥檒l offer up cereal choices, nanners, and apples to go.

You are so right about overnight stuff going on. Oobly goobly is a new one on me, but it fits!
Nope, I don鈥檛 remember two TRT breakfast folks living close by, much less working together.馃

Afternoon all, today has been a long cruddy day, I cant begin to outline it all. I may have to go back later. Meanwhile i need to clean out Daughters truck. Since i may have to go back to work am gonna miss a BBQ at grandsons house, his older sister is in town, oh well
That stinks! I hope you didn鈥檛 have to go back to work!

Jeff - Your Wednesday sure was a good star day. Question about your sis鈥檚 HVAC....does she already have whole house AC? I鈥檓 trying to envision her HVAC set up.

Hack I have every skill, and work harder than pretty much anyone but you. Dead serious about this. That sounds like a "forever" job to me.

Got my number?
It sure does sound like a forever job for you.

We had no protocols, I had to bring in my own lock for high voltage work and if a press went down there was hell to pay Jeff. Now those will be put into effect, written in my blood.
Ummmmm yeah. How could a plant get away with that gross oversight??

Up early this morning because a refrigerator repairman is coming at 8:00 to install an ice maker.
And, Bobbi and Hal are coming here for lunch... the first time in over a year!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too 'heading out the door' for anything more than a BIG GOOD MORNING CATH! Have fun!
Hack

Administrator
Morning All, my friday so i get to finish up the week then gather my papers and stuff to go face DMV in the morning, then go get 2nd vax

Premium Member
Mornin' all.

Trash day today so it's time to top off the dumpster with more of the clean-up. Deb beat me to it, cleaning out the remnants of the veggie garden so how much room I get this week is in question.

The rest of the day is playing with Angel, 3DPrinter, and design software. Not necessarily in that order.

Perry and Hack working together. is that the gist of what I read? Is there a temporal shift in the universe about to happen?

Well, 'tis time to get off the couch and get on with it.

N'Joy the day all.

Retired Wanderer
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, and all of TRT!

Ummmmm yeah. How could a plant get away with that gross oversight??
Back during the five years with Denise, she used a small town workers comp attorney for some things that went wrong. I am not a litigious person at all and took one for the team.

Now I was referred immediately to the Global head of HR for a 3 billion dollar corporation from my former employer as a contact. Got all the photos including a pathetic response to a machine that took off another persons ear a year prior. Roll all this into a ball and it looks like there might be a case. My first responder and RN happens to be someone I know well, and she documented it all.

Aside from that busy day ahead installing some Nest cameras and helping my Lady Friend with some things. It is beautiful out.

Super Moderator
Good afternoon all!馃憢

Doug - Ugh with facing the DMV today. Hope it goes well today.

Perry - What a grand mess that going on with that corporation. Egad!

Perry and Hack working together. is that the gist of what I read? Is there a temporal shift in the universe about to happen?
You sized that just right, Steve.
Have fun with your goings on today.

Registered
Good day all no time for coffee or breakfast thanks. Overworked octopus that needs more arms just found out we are pregnant again for grand total of six! With that being said had an interview with a new job right after Sarah "passed her test" lol. I think I nailed it. They took my ID copy to the insurance so that is a good sign. Back to cows with breed stock registered Charolais... wish me luck not knotting my arms with all these directions!

Administrator
Afternoon all, sunny and mid 60s, pleasant out, vacuumed as much white dog hair out of the truck as I could. Gotta make a store run for daughter while out and about. Later I need to get alm my paperwork to try and do a one shot at DMV in am, then get vaxxed.
Shaymus, I think you nailed it, Congrats, oh you meant the job thing, hope that works out. Them armpit length gloves are handy for reef maint ;)

Registered
Shaymus, I think you nailed it, Congrats, oh you meant the job thing, hope that works out. Them armpit length gloves are handy for reef maint ;)
Too funny... at least I have time to appreciate a good joke thank you

Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In to the evening, and folks are about.......HOWDY!

Probably tickled 70'ish here at the shore today, and house windows are still open when i got home. Hot dogs with a cold beer......a tad different, but seemed like the thing to do.

Hey Perry......'nest cameras'? As in bird nest cameras, or am I being naive?
Yeah, not a fan on suing for the sake of suing, BUT there comes a time Bro.

Shamas.......SLOW DOWN! You're wearing us out.

Happy thoughts to All,
Hack

Super Moderator
Hiya, Shaymas, Doug, and Hack!

Shaymas - Kiddo #6 on the way! Hope it鈥檚 another girl. 馃コ

Doug - Eek on all that running around. Guess you played Beat The Clock today.馃槼

Hack -That sounds like a great picnic or cookout. Enjoy!

Civitan meeting and the a hymn sing on FB.

Grooviness for everyone tonight.

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
......Go git em Girl!
Hack

Super Moderator
Evening all,
Cath, Sis has central air n such ,for the house proper, the 3 seasons/sun room was likely a add on after the house was built. . Don't think prev owners used the HVAC in the sun room much if not at all, and Sis only started to utilize it after she got a few parrots (plus g-pig, fancy rabbit, even a pet chicken type hen for a while) a few years after she bought the place.
Picture the under the window heat/AC unit in most motels/motor lodges have , think window A/C but in da wall , usually under the windows. The current unit had gone through a few component replacements , and was getting to the point the next breakdown would be good money/bad idea .
The new PTAC (is what these units are called , ) arrived this afternoon, Deere tractor with forklift arms on, got it off the semi trailer no problem,, opened up the cardboard shipping cocoon it was in to inspect,,, all looks like good to go R&R penciled in for Sunday, and lined up middle nephew to be there when the hefting and moving the 200# worth of hot n cold box from front of house/driveway, to rear of house,, with any luck, it'll be slide old out, slide new in , plug in and enjoy

So -so kinda day, output-wise, it happens.

Tried to rain during the day,, just a quick shower passing over, actual rain is said to show up sat/sun with 2" expected.

Picked up 50# of grass seed for the season, Since I had a few coffee cans worth of seed from last year (originating from last years 50# bag, I expect to have some leftover this season

Blyth started planting of some sunflowers,, me, I would pop em in the ground like /when the seed packet sez to,,, Blyth is thinking pre-germinating them is going to speed things along. Time will tell how her plan works out (I'm thinking about getting some seeds of my own, and plant em in the ground ala seed packet instructions time-wise,and see how that goes.

She is bummed since the latest weather guesser'rin claims it's going to wet wet n rainy until next week, thus not letting her do her gardening thing,,,

Comfy chair next,,,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

Reactions: cath

Administrator
Evening all, i think I have papers in order to try and transfer title to van along with License renewal. Will find out in AM
Hahaha! Oh the games the food industry plays on us!馃ギ馃嵂馃

Too funny... at least I have time to appreciate a good joke thank you
I was hoping that dint overstep bounds :)

Administrator
Sorry about the food comment, i cant work with new format

Retired Wanderer
Hey Perry......'nest cameras'? As in bird nest cameras, or am I being naive?
Yeah, not a fan on suing for the sake of suing, BUT there comes a time Bro.
I have sure you have seen the RING and NEST doorbells and controllers. This security light with camera includes facial recognition, interior alarm, lights on or night vision camera, full interface to mobile phones and recording in the cloud of any transgressions. Nicole will know when her kids come and go, or if there is some strange goings on.

I added wired motion sensor lights around the garage as well. Got a USAA renters policy to cover my tools and stuff left up there as well.

As for the legal stuff, a maintenance guy named Jim spent six months with an unusable arm in a sling from that packaging machine, then an operator had his ear ripped off. I got my dings, then the operators reach past the sign and pull out stuck boxes. A 3 billion dollar company that refuses to do anything for lock out tagout pretty much sent me the fancy engraved invitation. I got two day of training with no safety plan and directions to keep presses running at any cost. I stayed instead of going to the hospital due to no idea what to do and six brand new people dumped on me.

I abhor frivolous lawsuits too Hack, but I have nerve damage, my arm is in pain after anything resembling actual work and my head has dings in it that will leave scars. Game on Global HR Karen or Kristi or whatever her name is. Us OFR's bite back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts