The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there was any pest in a reef tank it sure is GSP. Much like the kudzu we have here in the south. The stuff just keeps growing and growing.
I have tried scraping the stuff on my LR as it inchs ever so close to my other corals. I have nuked it with kalk. I just can't figure out how to get rid of it.
I am going to switch over my tank this weekend. In the process I am going to attempt to get rid of this pest.
Do you think pressure washing the rock would do the job? Or just a dip in hot sulfuric acid would do the trick. Just kidding on the acid.........

·
Registered
161 Posts
GSP are like Xenia in that you have to isolate them from surrounding rocks. I have a rock covered sitting away from my LR formation and the GSP are spreading across the sand bed.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, like I said, it is like kudzu in my tank. On the walls, sand, corals, and maybe fish if they ever slow down.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I prune them regularly and sell them on ebay for $10 a frag. Otherwise , It will end up in my trash.

They just grow fast like xenias.

·
Registered
573 Posts
hey Doug ill take the GSP I can bring you some replacement rock for it! LMK or just send me a price when I come and get that tank.

·
Registered
573 Posts
been busy wth the wife and selling stuff on Rc.

·
Registered
573 Posts
no offence to trt and all but I find there to be a lot more traffic and fast sales over there. here it takes a day to sell something there it takes maybe 5 mins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts