The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a frag today, and it contained a little bit of bubble aglae. And I was fine with that, and I went at it to take it off like I was told to. But as I was doing this, 1 or 2 popped. And I was told that when it pops, it releases spore out to more bubble algae. Is there anything I can get that will eat it? I havent seen any spread but I just want to know so I can be prepared. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
The spores are inside the bubble. Where did they pop? Into the tank itself or were you working over a container? Whenever removing bubble algae, I would recommend working over a bowl of saltwater and then rinsing the specimen with fresh saltwater before replaing in the display tank. Emerald mithrax crabs will eat bubble algae.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It popped over the bucket that I had used to acclimate. And I didnt put that water back into the tank. I rinsed the frag, but i wasnt thinking of spores, I just wanted to get any loose bubble aglae off it. But that water wasnt put back into that tank. So hopefully it wont spread to bad.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
pballafreak said:
It popped over the bucket that I had used to acclimate. And I didnt put that water back into the tank. I rinsed the frag, but i wasnt thinking of spores, I just wanted to get any loose bubble aglae off it. But that water wasnt put back into that tank. So hopefully it wont spread to bad.
Sounds like you'll be alright :banana:

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
I've accidently popped a bubble algae in the tank and it hasn't seemed to spread (knock on wood) that was a few months ago so you should be fine

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
I'd put the frag in a small container with tank water and pick themoff rock and rince in that container and off you go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts