The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im buying so much RO purified water by the bottle that Dad finally gave in a few minutes ago.

I need suggestions for the cheapest but decent RO unit and where to get it not online

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Mine is a frankenfilter. don't get anything complex look for prefilter, RO, DI with a 99% rejection rate. you don't usually need half the crap they will try to sell you. if you can make sure to get brass or john guest fittings instead of the plastic crud they include with them. I'll take a look when i get a moment.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
doesnt brass contain copper? or have a similar effect to saltwater?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
nevermind, im thinking brass in salt water is bad, that will eat it.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Twitterbait said:
Ebay is cheap and has a ton of different stuff.

I would use caution buying one on Ebay because many of them are cheap because they use a very cheap no-name membrane. Regardless of what you get I would look for one with a Dow Filmtec membrane.....JMO

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I have a Kent Maximma 50gpd RO/DI unit, bought it new because one I bought cheap off eBay was a mess, sent it back.

HHC

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cant buy on ebay becuase my dad will not trust anyone with payment information

Im checking out petco, my dealer, and another dealer for the KENT 24GPD 3 stage RO today or tommmorrow. I think this one will do a good job.

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
Well in that case spend a little extra and get a 60gpd unit that is RO/DI. Just plan RO units dont remove all the stuff that can harm your tank in most cases you need the RO/DI unit. If you are going to spend over $150 might as well spend the extra $50 and get the more GPD unit and it will also have the DI chamber.

www.marinedepot.com has some really nice RO/DI units for sale. I got the Spectra Pure 60GPD unit from them.

Tim

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya they make them in kike 3D somethign GPD with DI for like 160$ I might look into that one as well

1 - 20 of 26 Posts