The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day when I was looking at my tank I noticed a mushroom that has no color. By that I mean it looks transparent, you see a white color from one angle, and you see through it from another. Is it odd to have a random change in the tank like that?

Just kind of surprised me.:eek:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
i'll give you a 'bump' and hopefully you'll get some answers.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Is it a new one?
We have had "babies" that start out with no color/transparent and color up later. Maybe this is the case for yours also.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not a baby, it is medium sized. I want it to multiply and see if it creates any more like it. It is kind of weird to look at.

·
Registered
239 Posts
How close is the shroom to your lights and what kind of lighting is over it. When I first got my T-5s alot of my mushrooms started fading and losing their color. Since I reworked my rock work I put all my shrooms at the bottom of the tank and shaded where possible and they seem to be doing a lot better since. Just my 2cents.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
They are prolly bleached. Mushrooms and ricordia do that when they are getting fried.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is in the shade in my 65 with 2x96w VHO's. Its not fried. I have many randomly placed mushroom that attached themselves to dark out of the way areas, but it might not be getting any real light. I might try to move it into the light and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts