The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't think i saw this question asked or answered yet so i'm a little scared to ask....

after i used it, its full of water.... do i put it away like that or do i have to drain it?

also,, is a sulfur smell a bad thing.... out of the "good" water hose?

also i am still getting about 10-15 ppm still, with a starting ppm of about 220

this is the brand new PWC i bought, finally got the faucet fitting that worked.

thanks!

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't do a permanent hook-up, no room at all under any sink in the house and the laundry room is in the basement...

i ran it for over an hour and am still getting ppm levels....

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
can't do a permanent hook-up, no room at all under any sink in the house and the laundry room is in the basement...

i ran it for over an hour and am still getting ppm levels....
What GPD unit? Do you have the DI chamber?

I know the 150 gpd ro membrane will remove 90% of the tds and will leave the rest for the di stage to handle. Whereas the 75, 100 the ro does something like 98% of the job, leaving very little for the di to remove.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
What GPD unit? Do you have the DI chamber?

I know the 150 gpd ro membrane will remove 90% of the tds and will leave the rest for the di stage to handle. Whereas the 75, 100 the ro does something like 98% of the job, leaving very little for the di to remove.
I think it's the 100 that is 90% and the 75 and 150 that are 98 IIRC

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You should be getting 0 TDS after the DI (6th stage). I have 4-7 TDS between the RO and the DI . I have the 100gpd . Click on my " images" and you can look at how it's piped

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where are you taking the readings from? After the RO or the DI stage? That one has the DI 5th and carbon 6th right?
after the 6th stage. if i hooked it up right and i don't know how i could have screwed it up, since all i had to do was insert the RO filter and reconnect it.

i don't get why the TDS went up, when i first hooked it up it started out about 11 tds, it said run it to purge the preservative and i figured the preservative was the reason for the readings, but it went between 12 and 18 tds during the time i spent in the initial running.

i did notice on the last page of the instruction sheet that it said something in broken english about sometimes getting carbon particles coming through, but that seems weird because there are two more filters after the ro. but that would cause a higher reading, right?

and i still can't account for the sulfur smell because our tap water does not have that smell and shouldn't all this filtering take it out anyway?

·
Registered
430 Posts
after the 6th stage. if i hooked it up right and i don't know how i could have screwed it up, since all i had to do was insert the RO filter and reconnect it.

i don't get why the TDS went up, when i first hooked it up it started out about 11 tds, it said run it to purge the preservative and i figured the preservative was the reason for the readings, but it went between 12 and 18 tds during the time i spent in the initial running.

i did notice on the last page of the instruction sheet that it said something in broken english about sometimes getting carbon particles coming through, but that seems weird because there are two more filters after the ro. but that would cause a higher reading, right?

and i still can't account for the sulfur smell because our tap water does not have that smell and shouldn't all this filtering take it out anyway?
yes you are right, however i know it takes a few hundred gallons for everything to 'break in' and work correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts