NorthernIndianaReefer
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Here are some new corals from the Lansing Frag swap

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Thanks also got a brown (idaho grape Monti cap) thats starting to turn purple. I think I'm done buying frags for awhile as I have 20 different sps frags hehe

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
So I have 2 old sumps that I managed to crack while drilling awhile back. They are sitting in my basement and they are driving me NUTS. What the heck do i do with these? Recycle them? Burn them? Smash them? Smash them then burn them?

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Just bought a 40w Aqua UV sterilizer! Super excited, as I've never had a sterilizer on any of my tanks! I got it for $130 used. Not bad for a $412 piece of equipment. Will upload pics when the thing arrives!

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,884 Posts
Just bought a 40w Aqua UV sterilizer! Super excited, as I've never had a sterilizer on any of my tanks! I got it for $130 used. Not bad for a $412 piece of equipment. Will upload pics when the thing arrives!
Very cool!!! Please let us know what you think of it after running it for a while. The one you got is much nicer than the one I was considering using.

Whiskey

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Thanks whiskey, sps are doing well. Been doing a lot of changes with rock to get more flow through the rock, added a Jabao to bring my flow over 100x. Corals keep falling and a few of them have broke so I just glued the pieces that broke off to rocks. I really need to find something other than super glue to attached the frogs to the rocks. Anyone recommend some epoxy? Had some red bugs eating my enchinata so I treated the tank with interceptor last week, which seemed to work great. Treating it again tonight just in case. I bleached some of my garf bonsai with too much flow, not too bad though. I'll try and take some pics tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Katink - Sorry I'm a late comer, but I just gotta say nice job! The stand is indeed beautiful. Nice job on the sump too.

Makes me think of drilling the floor to our crawl space. I originally thought of that but the space is low so getting around isn't easy. However, I should really think more about it as my planned sump is way small...28g for a 100g tank.

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
No problem mark! (Hope that's right) thanks alot! Yeah I had a 30g for 125 so about the same. Man how tall is the crawl space? That would be tuff cleaning the sump out wouldn't it?

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,884 Posts
Thanks whiskey, sps are doing well. Been doing a lot of changes with rock to get more flow through the rock, added a Jabao to bring my flow over 100x. Corals keep falling and a few of them have broke so I just glued the pieces that broke off to rocks. I really need to find something other than super glue to attached the frogs to the rocks. Anyone recommend some epoxy? Had some red bugs eating my enchinata so I treated the tank with interceptor last week, which seemed to work great. Treating it again tonight just in case. I bleached some of my garf bonsai with too much flow, not too bad though. I'll try and take some pics tonight or tomorrow.
I look forward to the new pics!!!

As far as the sump goes, I would (and have) smashed them then trashed them. I figure it takes up less room in the landfill if they are pre-smashed, and plus it's fun!

Don't forget your goggles.
Whiskey

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Looks like I know what I'm doing tonight!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
And crawl spaces are usually dirty... Dusty... spider filled. You would t see me going down in one of those unless I couldn't avoid it.

Katink congrats on the UV sterilizer! Keep us posted!

141 - 160 of 217 Posts