The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand garlic is supposed to be a immune booster. So i was wondering, could you actually sorta chop up the garlic to small pieces and feed your livestock like once a week or month. And could you hang like a medium piece in your tank sorta like seaweed? i was just wondering cuz i havent seen this done.....oh and what are some other "immune boosters", im planning on making some blender mush soon. thanx in advance

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I tried to feed pieces of garlic to my sick clownfish, he would not eat it.

For immune bosting, go to a whole foods store and but garlic extract and soak ur Nori in it before you clip it

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but i thought that garlic really enticed the fish to eat, so why wouldnt they go after the real thing?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
They dont have it in the natural enriroment. Im just saying that my clownfish would not eat pieces of garlic directly

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
most of the stories you hear about garlic are just that..
there really has not been any real science behind it at all.
does it help them heal? maybe but maybe not at all.. get them to eat? possible but does nto happen to everyfish.
a lot of times when garlic is used are a cure for something. other things were done to the tank at the same time so it is hard to say if it really worked.

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess that is true....

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but if they eat a chunk of garlic it wouldnt neccasarily be bad for them would it?

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
part of the reason is i while i was making my blender mush a couple of minutes ago i added some garlic but my blender couldnt get it to compleatly dissapper, so i have little/small chunks.

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah thats prolly what i will do next time.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I have been soaking my food in garlic for the last couple of days and my goby, shrimp and foxface seem to love it. I can't get my clowns to eat anything though. I have tried Mysis, flake and brine...What do you feed yours?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts