The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read in here about garlic as a supplimental food and to boost the immune system. can someone please explain to me.
1) how do you add garlic
2) where do you get it
3) what circumstances is it used for?

thanks,
ANGRY GARY

·
Retired Wanderer
17,266 Posts
Garlic is a home town cure for ich but it seemed to have saved a fish for me. Once a week or so I take the big jar of that crushed garlic and push a spoon into it and put the oil on my frozen food as it thaws out.

This could be worthless information or it could be real. I eat a ton of garlic and have not been attacked by a werewolf so it is hard to make a decision on this without objective data.

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Kent Garlic Extreme is another. basically it is supposed to boost the immune system adn primarily is used in the fight against itch. Best as a preventative and not a reaction. It also is believed to initiate a feeding response which in it self is a great thing as a fat happy fish is much more likely to be healthy!

Robert

·
Registered
616 Posts
Phishnoob said:
Garlic is a home town cure for ich but it seemed to have saved a fish for me. Once a week or so I take the big jar of that crushed garlic and push a spoon into it and put the oil on my frozen food as it thaws out.

This could be worthless information or it could be real. I eat a ton of garlic and have not been attacked by a werewolf so it is hard to make a decision on this without objective data.
Do you ever let the fish have the little bits of crushed garlic? Will they eat them? Don't some people put whole cloves into their blender when they make blender mush?:read:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts