The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my wife to the GA Aquarium for her birthday on July 31 and I was wondering what is the "Behind the Scenes" ticket? Is it worth the extra $50 per person?

-Matt D.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Well... if your wife is one of those that likes to see stuff and not just the beautiful inhabitants, then go see the GA's huge twenty-eight 15' tall protein skimmers and other big equipment, the mangroves, and the "how to" of a Public Aquarium, then by all means go on the Aquatic Adventures Behind The Scene Tour.

The Georgia Aquarium is really wonderful, however try to get there as early as they open so that you can enjoy it. 10:30-3:00 is their busiest time and it gets very crowded with strollers during those times.

Let us know what you decided about the Behind tour and what you thought of it after you've visited it.

Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ive heard good things about the behind the scenes tour but never witnessed it myself:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have heard that if you want to go you need to buy your tickets online the day before

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So “The behind the scenes” tour is actually what I’m looking for, but my wife would care less. So, would it be wrong of me to purchase myself a Behind the Scenes tour and buy her a regular ticket and have her wait on me until my tour over, for her birthday? :D

<O:p</O:p-Matt D.

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Rhodan said:
So “The behind the scenes” tour is actually what I’m looking for, but my wife would care less. So, would it be wrong of me to purchase myself a Behind the Scenes tour and buy her a regular ticket and have her wait on me until my tour over, for her birthday? :D

<o>:p</o>:p-Matt D.
You would probably be in the dog house for bit. If your couch is comfy then go for it. :D

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Rhodan said:
<O:p</O:p-Matt D.
While I think that you're asking us for permission, I think that you already know the answer of what you should do. Don't you?! :lol:

However, my wife says that if you gave her a $200 or $300 gift card to Nordstrum's or Ikea, then you might have time for a tour behind the scenes. She says "It'll cost ya'!!!!" :freak:

Let us know how this plays out..... ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am taking my son this friday. We have not seen it either. We will probably skip the behind the seens thing though. Can I take my digital camara in?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Sure - Just don't use the flash in a few places (they are marked - like the sea dragons).

Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went on thursday july 6 @ 1pm, man it was great. Didnt know about the behind tour or I would of done it. I bought the tickets online and by passed all the folks that were in line. Havee fun and do the tour because it is only money L:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just tell her ya jot something very special planed for her while ya are there (that something special being the tour) and at the end if she dont like it then that would be the time to say ya are sorry and offer a nice dinner :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great idea Kullas, but she already knows about the tour. So I couldn't surprise her with it. To be safe (and to keep the tensions down :) ) I went with the regular tickets and I'll do the tour the at a later date. Maybe for my birthday in September! :D Because if she has a great brithday...I have a great birthday!!!:banana:

-Matt D.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went to SaltwaterU and got to walk around behind the scenes for a little bit in the afternoon. I thought being up on top of the reef tank was awesome, especially the little lagoon they have for raising corals. I'm not sure what else the official tour includes but what I saw was pretty cool.

·
Registered
344 Posts
well i dont know what all the general behind the scenes tour includes, but i went with both my zoology and oceanography class back in april, and they took us to the top of the whale shark tank... that was pretty impressive... they come right up to you, and even let us feed them... we also got to see the medical center, and the kitchen (the biggest freezer ive ever seen) the only actual exhibit i saw was the big tank.... kind of a disapointment cus i really wanterd to see those otters but oh well lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts