The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm got into this hobby with the focus on corals, and didn't do much research on fish.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/60-gallon-cube-tank-231614.html#post2563869

Here are the details of my tank, i have 2 clownfish, 1 diamond goby, and a firefish.

I am thinking about what i could get into my tank. I want a long list of ideas so i can narrow it down to 2-4 that i will get into my tank.

I am pretty open to ideas, have been looking for a nice round body fish but most suggest 70 gal.

I will keep this up with Fish and if they need special care.
Mandarin- Only eats Pods, hard to care for
Royal Gamma-
Cardinal fish-Heard this was an easy fish
Cherub angel-Maybe alittle small
Flame angel-Maybe alittle small
Possum Wrasse
Orchid dottyback
Blennies

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no plans on adding fish for a few months. i just wanted a direction on what i was getting. The live rock and sand was never dried out, longest it was out was picking it up from tank to full bucket. Only die off could have been from the lack of oxygen during the transport.

The tank was up and running for over a year before i got it.

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everytime i find a fish i want there seems to be an issue.

Dottybacks- will harrash my firefish.
Mandarin- tank is to small(i am considering setting up a 20L refugium to help with this issue)
Blennies- Nip at SPS
Angels- to small of a system as well as nipping at corals

I feel like my only option is Cardinal fish and a wrasse

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems like the elegant dotty back will be hard to find. I'm deffienitly looking into a gamma, my gf doesn't like possum wrasses so i will keep looking in that regard. As for chromis I haven't really looked into them at all.

I mainly need to find a fish my gf will enjoy so far all of her options are getting shot down due to incompatibility. Like the purple dotty back or the hawkish, and she likes the diamond goby but I am having issues with him covering coral in sand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.