The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at WOF last tues, and in the back room that is all fish only these two butterflies were chasing this cute yellow dogface puffer around and all of a sudden he poofed up. All these little tiny prickers emerged from his skin when he was fully inflated and his poot little eyes were all sucked in, it was the funniest thing. Her then sat there and shook like a wet dog till he deflated, and seemd very uncomfortable while doing so. What a awesome fish :) I wish I was less excited as I had a camera phone in my pocket but spaced it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've always wanted to see that happen. I think those dogfaces are just the cutiest!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've never seen my Narrowline Puffer puff up, he may when I try to catch him to move him to the 125.....

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I took this picture while diving in Jamaica last months. Our dive guide picked up this Puffer from underneath a rock. I wish I had a better camera but you get the idea:

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
as a kid id go fishing and catch puffers all the time...talk about puffing up!, just try taking them off a hook.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i love puffers

Great pix of the puffer! I have seen many while diving and just love them. Wish I could get them for my tank but I want a reef community. Oh well.
TK

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yay Nice pic! I love puffers!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Come out to the RFC- as of late our 4-5ft. green moray in one of the 450 gals. has been going after one of our 6" stars and stripes and he instantly puffs up on contact and the green seems to push him around for a bit with his nose. Pretty funny to see. Anyways though, this won't last long as the puffer is going to be moved to the 3500 gallon shortly to be with his much larger relatives.

Here's the beast....

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL nice pic. He is one of my favorites! That would be quite the entertainment while eating dinner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts