The Reef Tank banner

what kind of fuge lights!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need to know what kind of lighting would be best for a fuge with about 5 diffrent kinds of macro alges right now i have NO florencents on there but i have a few options available to me!

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
I vote no fuge.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any type of bulb in perticular??? common, your working with a guy here who types "fuge" cuz he cant spell the whole word!

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Just look on the back of the packages and find the one that has a spectrum rating of 6500K or right in that general area. It is a floodlamp with a flourescent coil in the middle covered by a glass dome. Also the kalvin rating is in fine print on the back edge I think.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I also vote for no fuge, no light. Maybe let sponges grow or something. IMO: fuge is just a mere toy and one more thing to deal with. I honestly don't see any major advantages ( over water changes and good skimming) except for fish like mandarins that would need a high pod population which I just avoid and call it a day.......

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
ok then, if no Fuge I think the Home Depot light is still an excellent choice for "under the stand lighting" :lol:

·
Registered
264 Posts
David Grigor said:
I also vote for no fuge, no light. Maybe let sponges grow or something. IMO: fuge is just a mere toy and one more thing to deal with. I honestly don't see any major advantages ( over water changes and good skimming) except for fish like mandarins that would need a high pod population which I just avoid and call it a day.......
I have the world's fattest group of tangs, and it might have something to do with the fresh vegies every day. It is amazing how much nicer a tang looks when it is full of seaweed.

·
No frags for you!
948 Posts
Sea monkey said:
most people use one of these

That's the one I'm running. Got it off-the-shelf at my HD in woodbury. They also have the replacement bulbs too.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what type of macros will tang eat, i tried to feed my naso tang some feather calupra (spelling?) and he wouldn't eat it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts