The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale - two pumps. Both pumps are cleaned like new and have brand-new seals. I'm selling because I'm simply downgrading to smaller pumps. Shipping included if you live outside of the Atlanta area.

One Sequence 5800SEQ23 pressure pump:

1/3 HP
23' max head
4600 gph @ 11'
1.5" inlet and outlet
$300

and one Sequence Hammerhead flow pump (older-style motor):

1/4 HP
23' max head
1.5" inlet and outlet
5500 gph @ 0'
$200

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going that small - just to some smaller Sequence pumps. Unless you have a SEQ3200SEQ12, I'm really not looking to trade...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I actually have two of them, but I plan on using them. When you said smaller I thought I'd throw those out there, just in case they might be what you wanted. I could always go a little larger.
thanks anyway,
Richard

·
Registered
275 Posts
how do these pumps compare to the darts? im looking for a closed loop and return pump for a tank that i will be setting up in my new house.it will be in the 4-500 range.the pumps will be in the fish room behind the tank,with no head pressure.is this what im looking for or should i be looking elsewhere?how are they compared to others as far as wattage is concerned?thanks

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Dart is simply another pump in the line of Sequence pumps - some are more powerful and some are less. The Hammerhead is 5500gph @ 0 head and the Dart is 3500gph. The Dart runs at 160watts and the larger pumps pull 300-500, depending on head (see the chart).

The 5800SEQ23 is rated as a pressure pump, and is a good choice for anyone looking to push the water up from a basement or over a long distance, but works just as well as the Hammerhead under no-pressure situations. It pulls slightly less power at 390watts.

Whether or not they are appropriate for what you're doing is really dependent upon what you want to do. The 5800SEQ23 will do pretty much anything you throw at it, unless you have a tank greater than 300-400gallons. You could probably even drive a skimmer and your return from this same pump, and still get great flow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts