The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here is my dilemma.

I have two damsels which I HATE and want out of my tank. I don't want to rip everything apart to get at them though. Do acrylic traps work for small damsels? If so, does anyone have one that I could borrow?

Also, I will most likely have 2 true percs for sale.....I want around $30 for the pair. Let me know if you are interested!!

Thanks,

Golden

·
Bears Fan
648 Posts
So, here is my dilemma.

I have two damsels which I HATE and want out of my tank. I don't want to rip everything apart to get at them though. Do acrylic traps work for small damsels? If so, does anyone have one that I could borrow?

Also, I will most likely have 2 true percs for sale.....I want around $30 for the pair. Let me know if you are interested!!

Thanks,

Golden
Whyy are you getting rid of the true percs?

Crap, if I can get something setup soon, I might buy them

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SOLD to oyam!

I bought the clarkii's from my cousin (firstthesitation) here in Winona.

I can run them up to you this weekend most likely. What works for you?

And thanks for offering me to borrow your trap!

Matt

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
SOLD to oyam!

I bought the clarkii's from my cousin (firstthesitation) here in Winona.

I can run them up to you this weekend most likely. What works for you?

And thanks for offering me to borrow your trap!

Matt
Looks like one of the clowns will be coming home again...:)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, yup!

He's still pretty small too. I have them in a holding tank until I bring them up to you.

Let me know a time!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The easiest way to catch any fish is with bait! I have caught many fish by tricking them. Dnot feed them for a couple of days. Take your net, tie a piece of thread to the net and tie the other end to a piece of shrimp. Hold it in the tank so tthat the current flows into the net and hold it open, at the same time moving the bait. They will be very timid, and quickly swim in and out to grab pieces of the shrimp. Continue to hold the net still untill they just stay in to eat, then scoop them out! :rotflmao:They do not even know it comming and no stress or rearranging your tank! I even catch goldfish out of the pond in the fall this way. It works great.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've thought of that too.....

Have you ever tried it with damsels though? They are FAST!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts