The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale --- No trades

Small dual chamber CA reactor custom built by MyReef Creations. Should be good for tanks up to about 150 gal. Setup comes complete.

CA Reactor w/ all fittings and valves including a special 1st chamber test valve/fitting
Recirculation pump
Needle valve w/ shutoff selenoid and bubble counter
5 lb CO2 bottle (partially full)
Both ARM and Koralith media
Complete custom directions

Everything needed is there except the effluent pump. You would need either a power head or T'ee off you main pump.

This is in perfeect working condition. I paid $500 for all this.

Would sell for $300 --- I am not interested in parting out in any way --- please do not ask me to. Just the thought of selling this is killing me but unfortunatly I must.

PM, e-mail, or call after 5:30pm 478-945-2240

·
Registered
93 Posts
Reactor

I am very interested I will call you tomorrow and talk to you about it and how to pay . Thanks in advance. I live in Powder Springs just west of Atlanta. What model is it ? I would be using it on my 75 gal tank.

Thanks again J

Joe Culver

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe

It is a custom size dual chamber. I wanted a small configuration in a dual chamber that would work well for maybe up to 150 gal. The base is 12" x 12". It has two side by side chambers --- each chamber is 4" diam x 12" high. This size in a dual chamber is way more than big enough.

I installed a couple of extra special valves to help in the adjusting.

It will totally rock-out on a 75 gal tank. Just set it and forget it. Once adjusted properly and going strong you will never again worry or test for calcium.

Call me. Or if you get a busy signal (I'm on the internet) PM me your phone number and I'll get off and call as soon as I get the PM.

·
Registered
93 Posts
reactor

Great will call you later . I get off work about 230 so will give it a try after that. Sounds like it will fit just right under my 75 and THAT will be great. Hope you can give me a hand setting it up.

Joe Culver

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just spoke w/ ANdy at MyReef Creations.

The chambers are actually 4 1/2" OD

He also thought it would easily do a 200 gal tank and I agree w/ him --- I was just trying to be a little conservative.

Actually the reactor is totally awesome and has given me uninterupted service since I turned it on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
reactor

Do you suggest a PH controller if so which one ? I don't have one and have always wondered about getting one and have heard that it is much easier to set the reactor using one.

Joe

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You almost have to have a Ph monitor of some type.

Reason being I have yet to find a test kit that will acturatly go low enough to set the chamber PH.

A Ph pen, Pinpoint monitor, or I have another idea I'll speak w/ youabout when you call me. Andy knows about this one maybe he'll chime in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts