The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some pictures in my tank thread, but I will look to load some more tonight if I can find them. $5 - $15

Also FS/ Green Star Polyps $5 - $15

Green Bubble Anemone Clone 2 " - Split 9/8/08 - $8.00

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one is a weed. I have fragged it out many times and I have seen it grow under all kinds of lighting conditions.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have some pictures in my tank thread, but I will look to load some more tonight if I can find them. $5 - $15

Also FS/ Green Star Polyps $5 - $15

Green Bubble Anemone Clone 2 " - Split 9/8/08 - $8.00

I am interested in the torch still but now the bubble anemone as well. I have sent a PM.

Thanks

·
DIY REEF JUNKIE
242 Posts
Shauna its not my tank,but you should really hold off on getting an anemone.Anemones need an established aquarium to thrive in.

Just my .02 cents though.

Bennihanna pm sent.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a tank raised BTA. I would consider is much hardier than any anemone that is shipped to a LFS before purchase. IMO most anemone mortality is due to poor shipping and recieving.

·
DIY REEF JUNKIE
242 Posts
Tank raised,store bought doesnt matter ime.Shauna just recently set up her tank.Anemone care is poorly misunderstood in this hobby.

The anemone being tank raised doesnt make it immune to water quality.Its not like its a hardy blue damsel or the like.

This lifestyle has become a see & buy hobby in the past 5 yrs.It seems that a lot of reefers dont take the time to research and contemplate what they purchase anymore.Experience in this lifestyle would of told her off the back that her tank is not ready for an anemone imo.

It does take about a year for a tank to fully mature and stabalize.Anyways dont take my comment to Shauna as trying to persuade her not to buy from you.I just hate to see people rush into purchases and then kill a living animal from lack of knowledge or experience.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You’re entitled to your own opinion and if it were any other species of anemone I would agree with you. IMO the care of BTA’s is more like care for a mushroom than an anemone (asexual reproduction for example). I agree with researching things before you buy, however I also have to stand by my statement that shipping is the biggest killer of livestock in our hobby.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all that made it out last night. I still have 2 $10 torch frags available for everyone else who is still interested.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Everything is gone for this round. There will most likely be some frogspawn for next week or the week after as well as some green sinularia. Thanks again to all that made it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts