The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly used since January but in excellent condition. It is the full sized lumanarc ( not the mini ). It comes with the mogul socket and the cord. The cord does not have the PFO quick disconnect just bare wires to hook up to your ballast of choice.

If buyer wants it can have the 400W 20K XM bulb that I used with it. May have a few months of life left in it. Ran from Jan. until yesterday 5-6 hours a day.

Also if TCMAS member does not have a ballast and planning to use 400W. Your welcome to use mine for a while ( If interested we can determine a length of time. It's an old greenhouse sungro ballast fully enclosed. I have no immediate need for it, but don't want to sell it ).

$100 firm for the reflector ( Otherwise I'll just keep it for future use ).

Not interested in trades or frags as I'm downsizing and have all the hardware and corals I can handle at the moment.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, just a frag tank that I never really finished getting setup proberly so I lost most of the corals and just lost interest in it..........

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I later sold it to Jerry who again sold it. It needed too much acrylic buffing work and because of height was not very suitable for a reef anyway. This was a 32X32 square made specifically with the Cool guy in mind. I never built the stand for it and had been sitting on salt buckets because I never built the stand I didn't want to drill until the stand was finalized so it was sumpless and skimmerless. Weeks turned into months and it flopped. Now just lost interest.

·
Hooked on H20
525 Posts
That's a bummer it didn't work out.
I'd help make a stand if that's all you need to get it going.
I have the tools and could probably know out a bare stand in an a few hours.
Or was this going to be a "show" frag tank? : )

Chris

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
goetzc said:
That's a bummer it didn't work out.
I'd help make a stand if that's all you need to get it going.
I have the tools and could probably know out a bare stand in an a few hours.
Or was this going to be a "show" frag tank? : )

Chris
It wasn't because of lack of tools or know how, just never got around to doing it and pretty much lost interest in the meantime. Frag Tank is already sold and will be in good hands..

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
how high above a 75 gall tank with a 400 watt pfo ballast would you want this?

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO: This reflector isn't really designed for a narrow ( 18" tank ) like a 75g. Really more effective on a 24" or wider tank such as the larger tank you were/are planning for. The reflector is designed to give a more uniform spread over a larger more square area such as 2X2 area or even a 3X3 area. Your really better off with a PFO parallel reflector for a 75g tank IMO.

Take a look at the spectural article that is on the details page. It will give you a good idea the coverage and the concentration of light for the different reflectors.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Matt I have a spider replector you can have if you want it cheap. It is perfect but needs some salt creep cleanup.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
david, ok i was thinking of collecting for the 320 i'm using, smeese, if you want that from david grab it! and yes i think i will buy that spider from ya PM me!

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
David I will be in the cities tomorrow till 4 pm any chance of meeting up at OD or something. LMK I will not be at the meeting now as I am going Kayaking.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem just give me an approximate time and I can be there.

I work just down the block so really anytime before 6:00pm is fine......

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
David thanks for leaving your number and thanks for the great deal on a nice piece of equipment. I need to order anyways so it worked out great. Glad I passed through just in case on the way home :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts