The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RBTA
big one 16"+ $80
it grows from 8>16" in 3 month, did i mention it splited? ype, the clone about 14"(already gone to a good home).
1 Ritteri Anemone 9"+ $50 (David Grigor)
light yellow with purpish pink base. it still recovering. if anyone with exp. with anemone will have the first dips.
2 true percula(pair) $50 will host RBTAs and Ritteri.(darasy)
everything will be ready by the end of June.
thx for looking
Li

·
Registered
284 Posts
ill take the percs

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Ritteri is recovering. What is wrong with it ? What do you consider to be the minimum lighting for it as I never had a ritteri but always was interested ? Would T5s in a softy only tank work ?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it lost its color dur to the shipping. now it regain some of the color back after 2 months feeding.it went from white to now yellow and purp foot. and will eat half shrimp every other day.

·
Registered
239 Posts
David, what kind of T5 setup do you have. I just ordered the 6 bulb tek light from sunlight supply and from other people I have talked to it seems that they are so bright that they burn a lot of corals that are not very high light demanding. I dont know myself yet but that is why I am wondering. I have a lot of mushrooms and lower light corals and I am wondering as to how far I should put them in my 20"H tank.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I honestly can't say for sure. I ran T5 for about a year but were overdriven by 30% on the Icecap. While SPS/Acros did fine, some LPS colors faded and didn't expand as nicely with the T5s on there. So really no easy answer. I'm going to run the T5s on a softy only tank as all my softies at the time liked the T5 lighting and did well. Mixed results with LPS. No real experience with mushrooms as I never really cared for them.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know the RBTAs are happy under T5 or MH.this is my first ritteri, i really dont know can the T5 keep it alive or not. but the past 2 months it seem doing better everyday.(i feed it every otherday, just raw shrimp)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
jquigley78 said:
David, what kind of T5 setup do you have. I just ordered the 6 bulb tek light from sunlight supply and from other people I have talked to it seems that they are so bright that they burn a lot of corals that are not very high light demanding. I don't know myself yet but that is why I am wondering. I have a lot of mushrooms and lower light corals and I am wondering as to how far I should put them in my 20"H tank.
Same set up on a 75. Keep the lower light corals in the bottom half, starting them at the bottom. Start sps half way up and move them up as you see fit. The edges of your tank and partially shaded with rock, for brains and such.
I run the outer bulbs for 12 hours and the inner for 4. I have been happy with this for some time. The corals seem happy too.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
jquigley78 said:
how far should I put them in my 20"H tank.
As close as possible, but alowing air movement, especially if you worried about heat.
One difference with T5 and MH is T5 will be equally or nearly equally strong across the tank. MH will have a brighter spot in the middle. Theoretically it will be brighter deeper down in the center of each pendant. The sides will be brighter with T5 (other than the two ends as the bulbs are actually 45" I belive).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Clownnut, iIf jquigley78 passes on the RBTA let me know. I'm interested in getting one now that the 180 is up and running.. looking pretty empty with just the stuff from the 75 in it so far..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Clownut, I am just curious if you are going to put up some pics of the RBTA. I would like to see one to see how well it will fit in my current set up so and if it looks like it wont I can pass it to the next person in line.

Thanks,
Josh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts