The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in March I started on my first tank. I bought a 75 Gallon All-Glass tank and began building my own custom stand. It took a couple months to finish the stand (due to staining) and I have yet to move on with the tank. My main reason is that being money. I do not believe I can support the future costs of the tank so I am seeing if anyone is in the market.

For Sale:
75 Gallon All-Glass Tank (Pre-Drilled with Built-In Overflow)
All Wood (Pine) Stand (Custom Built)

The Tank:
The tank originally cost me $300.00 and has not been used at all. In the pictures provided below it might seem a tad dirty, that is only dust from sitting for two months doing nothing. Just needs a little Windex and it is good as new. It has a Black Overflow built in with 2 Pre-Drilled holes. The trim is Oak. For the back of the tank I had painted on about 8 layers of Flat Black Paint. If this is not desired it can be easily removed with a razor blade. It does chip easily so I will throw in the original can of paint used to paint on the back.

The Stand:
The stand was hand crafted by myself out of Pine wood. The aproximate price of all of the wood, nails and screws was a little over $300.00. The entire stand has been stained with a Red Mahogony stain and sealed with Polyurthane. Most everything has 2 to 3 coats of each, some areas have up to 4 or 5. The doors are magnetized when they close and are on hings for easy opening. On the interior there is about a 3" area that has been completely sealed and waterproofed in case the tank spills or leaks. There are plenty of big holes in the back to run tubes up to the tank. Two holes have been drilled in the top of the stand to match the holes of the tank. The overall weight of the stand is roughly 200lbs (so it is not light). It is one of the strongest stands you will find anywhere. Should easily be able to hold up to 2000 lbs (more than needed for a 75G Tank).

The Details:
I would prefer that the two items be sold together (since the stand was made for this particular tank and it would be hard for me to sell the stand alone to someone with a different 75G tank). I would deliver everything myself but the stand is too big/heavy for any of my vehicles to deliver. The tank/stand would need to be picked up from my place using your own form of transportation. I live in the Twin Cities (Plymouth) in case you are worried about distance for travel. If you have any questions, please let me know.

The Cost:
BEST OFFER between $400 - $600

I spent over $600.00 on both the stand/tank combined, but would be willing to sell for a little less if I have to. Reminder that neither of the two items have been used at all...

Pictures:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If nothing else, start out with a fish only tank... and upgrade from there if/when you have money and time. Most people start with fish only tanks and upgrade--- much easier on the pocket book that way. 48" pc lighting come up here often for under $50, prizm skimmer, heater and powerhead is about everything else that you'd need. You should be able to get all them for around $50 as well from someone in the club. Get it plumbed with the sump and all you'll need to spend is about $100 and you have a tank ready for fish and some soft corals if you'd like. :)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I'm not in the market, but may I suggest the price is a bit high. I know you put your passion and time into the stand (not to mention money). I had aga with overflow added (which at the time cost me 60+pluss the overflow)... so neerly 400buck set up. I couldn't get 150 on the boards.

Just think of it as a new car.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
why take such a big loss? ($300-400)
cant you just keep it and set it up some day.
If not you may have better luck in the winter time.
SALE Price on a new 75RR is about $150.
Lucky to get $50 for a DIY stand.
Ebay has gotten me out of some bad deals!

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Ebay hass been slow the last few weeks, I would hold on to it or sell it to me for 150. ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'll hold out on these forums for a couple weeks...see if anyone is seriously in the market. I would say that the absolute lowest price I would let this thing go for is $150. Its a $450 loss, but the amount I'd have to spend on it would be out there. Over the next couple weeks I'll think about turning it into a freshwater tank...but I'm about 97% sure right now I want to sell it.

If you are serious, give me offers....Best Offer starting at $150

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will give it a couple of weeks letting people make offers. I would personally feel good about myself if it went for $250, but $150 is my absolute minimum.

So far here are the offers:

smeese: $150.00
rihanssu: $151.50

I will close all offers by July 30th, 2007, highest offer will win. If anyone would like to take a look at this baby in real life, email me: [email protected] and we can set up an appointment.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts