The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->48" Aquaspace light by Aquamedic.$300..has bulbs less than 3 months old.
2x250 10k and 2x150w 20k....total 650w
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
2x250= 500 + 2x150= 300 thats 800w not 650?? does it really have 800w? i would be interested if so.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
MAtt this is a great deal even with only one 150 20k. Aquamedic lights are a firtune and IMO worth every penny.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is that the one you just bought in Jan from tito? Why are you selling it? Just wondering as I was thinking maybe ill upgrade. Does anyone know how much better these would be than 535watt VHOs runnign off icecap 660?

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Depends on what you want them for. I would prefer the halides myself, but if you just want to blind some Cichlids then I would stick with the VHO's LOL Just Kidding David. For acro or most other corals these lights would be great over say a 75 gallon. The mix you get from 20k and 10k is super sweet too. For 300 I would say Hell yeah.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I am sure he did not confuse a halide for a pc but maybe?! They sell a 48" with a 20k for actinic supplement. I am pretty sure this is what he has.

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is..........I just added new bulbs, thats all.
Yes, my 120 will soon be a Cichlid tank, and 650w is a bit much.
Its great for SPS and clams, over kill for soft corals.
***its all halide....I use the 20k as a dawn/dusk light, and it looks great in my 60" tank.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
sorry i'm confused how as to exactly what there is in that fixture? is it 3 Mh? 1Mh? 2mh + PC?

huh?????????

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
250w (10k) MH--------150w (20k) MH--------250w (10k) MH
thats all.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I've had these fixtures only they were the older ones with the 24w pcs for the supplement instead of the 150mh fixture. The only downside is the the 2 250W MH portion is on the same switch. You can't turn one 250W on at a time. Also, the ballasts aren't like electronics where they ramp up the amp. They spike and ramp down, so really should have multiple circuits to use this ligth. You wouldn't want to put much else on the same circuit. I tried to run 2 of these fixtures on the same circuit and when the second unit fired up it would trip with nothing else on the circuit but the two fixtures. Really you should use multiple circuits anyway but with this fixture it is a must IME. One a 3X150W of these fixtures I had, the watt. meter read over 600w with the MH on by themselves so I imagine the ballasts are putting more juice through these than the rated 250w.

$300 is a steal even more so if it has new bulbs. These go for $1k and are worth it especially if you not one to build or buy a canopy they are nice sleak fixtures. If I had some money to burn, I would buy it for future use even if I didn't have an immediate need.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts