The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i pruchased a frogspawn from the lfs. i currently have him at the top of my tank just 2" inches under water surface. i'm using 2x96 watt pc hamilton retro kit in a 45 gallon. will this be enough light to keep him happy? i put him in last night and he seems to have opened up very nicely. well as for additives i'm using b-ionic, coralvital, reef solutions, and feeding liquid life bioplankton. is there anything else i can do to increase my chances for a healthy and happy coral? also i also have my zoo's at the top, a portion of the zoo colony is opened but the rest will not should i move it to lower light? increase the flow?

G

·
these are a good coral for medium light........watchit closely and if it doesnt open up all the way move it down some....

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
You don't want to high a flow on him. Can damage the tentacles.

G

·
well casey you always go and try to prove me wrong.......from what i was toild med light med current, but i guess they like it everywhere......mine only like the middel of the tank so there Pttttttthhhhh

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Clint not trying to do that just wanted to let him know I have kept them in high light and low light but you do have to watch the flow:)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have 4 frogspawns, and 5 other LPS in my 46 bow....The only lighting I have is a 2x96 and 2x55 PC....I wouldn't worry about your condition, I would move yours down a few inches though. In about 6 months, one of my frogspawns has doubled from 4 to 8 heads, and I have another that is almost 9 inches across when open. I feed mine about 2 times a week with Zooplex, I think it's called, with a baster. Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.