The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just full of questions today. but here goes another. i have a small frogspawn frag that i got, it has 2 heads, one hasnt opened since i got it, and the other opens all the time. is it safe to assume one head is dead? and should i do anything to remove it or just let it be? its really small, the one that opens is only about a nickel or quarter size. the other one is just sunk in and never does anythng.

·
11,345 Posts
Just let it be....make sure it gets decent flow and whats left should be ok. Do not move it around. About 5 months ago i acquired a sweet 7 headed purple and green frogspawn, in a short period of time i ended up moving him to three different tanks and in the process 5 of his heads bailed ship.......:cry:
it was the only casualties i had during the moves but i relate it directly to stress.....he lost one or two heads every move
Heres whats left of him and he has a handful of new heads beginning to grow

i wouldnt count the one head out if there is still something left of it either....you want to keep algae out if its skeleton to help it heal and flow and good water should do that

Attachments

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks dick. (your name is dick right?)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I bumped one of my frogspawns heads on the glass and it was a goner. The rest of it was doing ok, then I decided to move it. Then I broke one of the heads off.:doh: So, I took that head and placed in the substrate... it's doing great there. What's left of the original frogspawn is starting to split - from 2 heads to 4. That's my story of 'what not to do'. LOL So... IMO - leave it alone and the rest of it will be fine.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fly Guy said:
Ive been called Richard Cranium more than once in the past but..........

my name is bill.
:doh: well thanks BILL, im still new and trying to learn everyones name. there is a guy named dick on the boards. got him confused with you. sorry, didnt mean to name call.

·
11,345 Posts
leveldrummer said:
:doh: well thanks BILL, im still new and trying to learn everyones name. there is a guy named dick on the boards. got him confused with you. sorry, didnt mean to name call.
Its all good. im not nearly that fragile even if you meant it!! :D

Kind of funny......a friend of mine is also in reality named....uhhh..richard.......in conversation with him i will sometimes accidentally say something like, "that guys a richard"(you all are picking up the synonym here), and then for the rest of the day he will go around making a point of calling everyone he thinks is a jerk a "Bill". They are two totally different words to everybody except for the people who are named as such.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i can see why your friend thinks your a total bill head. using his name like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts