The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Friday morning gang, today I walk in Doug's shoes and I have not left work yet from yesterday. I think we are going home around 0630 or 0700. We had a great night and some very funny things happened that I can't get into here. but people were running from us and other people were calling the cops on us. We are pulling the 911 tapes and keeping them it was very funny.

For today I put the coffee on, and what the heck I'll cook up some pancakes with fresh fruit and OJ.

Hope everybody has a Great Friday. :)

Fred

·
Administrator
46,893 Posts
Good Friday morning gang, today I walk in Doug's shoes and I have not left work yet from yesterday. I think we are going home around 0630 or 0700. We had a great night and some very funny things happened that I can't get into here. but people were running from us and other people were calling the cops on us. We are pulling the 911 tapes and keeping them it was very funny.

For today I put the coffee on, and what the heck I'll cook up some pancakes with fresh fruit and OJ.

Hope everybody has a Great Friday. :)

Fred
Hi Fred, again. Man the visions running through my head, my supervisor/coworker was a Long Beach Jailer and LA County deputy, and shares war stories with me. since I came "That Close" (as Maxwell Smart used to say) to going into "The Job" it gets interesting :)
Have a great Friday, I am about to flake out and crash, Boss and I have been busting out our light load and covering one of the day shift parts pullers, plus working on a project to make things better, silly us, Oh well

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Good morning Fred, Doug, & TRT faithful

Well guyz my day is much less exciting.............more like watching paint dry, compared to what I see you do.

Keeps the blood pumping, I bet!

Enjoy every day.

·
Administrator
46,893 Posts
Good morning Fred, Doug, & TRT faithful

Well guyz my day is much less exciting.............more like watching paint dry, compared to what I see you do.

Keeps the blood pumping, I bet!

Enjoy every day.
Morning Dave, what I do now is more stressful than anything I have done in the past, definatly more stressful than 18 yrs in med support, only because of EGOS and idjits :( Nough said, i have to get to bed and face one ,ore day in the Lions Den

·
Super Moderator
27,091 Posts
Good mawnin', Fred, Doug, Dave, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Fred - Thanks for using your left over energy from your shift to make us breakfast. Sounds like a fun night. Who woulda thunk it?

Boss and I have been busting out our light load and covering one of the day shift parts pullers, plus working on a project to make things better, silly us, Oh well
Imagine that! Way to go, Doug.

Dave- your work fuels the folks to do super human jobs like we see around here. :dance:

Hi, Vinnie - Good luck on your ever-changing job.

George - post that photo of Harley here in the Friday thread.

Hi, HHC!

While the library isn't as tough as what Fred and Ray do, sometime we have some crazy things to happen. One evening last week a man came out of the men's room wanting to call 911 to report that he had been murdered several times by the guy in the rest room. :funny:

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Fred, Doug, Dave, Vince, Cath, & All! :)

Back to 90/90/90 weather today with some chance of showers.

A mixed bag for me at work with some stressors early but then, have to help FishGirl get the cars loaded up with school/dorm stuff for the big move tomorrow.

Fred, having the cops called on you is a twist. :nuts: I was once in an establishment with two agents in a covert situation and this guy came up to us and whispered, "Be careful, the TBI is in here". :funny: They never did figure out it was us!

Doug, I wish everyone who handled critical stuff was as conscientious as you. Keep up the good work.

Dave, what you do is interesting and keeping the ponies in line at special occasions can be challenging.

Hope your day goes well, Vince.

Ray do, sometime we have some crazy things to happen. One evening last week a man came out of the men's room wanting to call 911 to report that he had been murdered several times by the guy in the rest room.
You should have sent him to the dictionary section to look up the definition of "murdered". Perhaps his report was a bit exaggerated. :funny:

Have a Fabulous Friday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Morning All and thanks for the coffee and breakfast Fred!Here you go Cath,A pic of Harley drying off from jumpin in our fiends pool chashing the ball!He loves to swim!

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
. One evening last week a man came out of the men's room wanting to call 911 to report that he had been murdered several times by the guy in the rest room. :funny:
I HATE when that happens! :lol::lol: Once is bad enuf, but many times? :doh::rotflmao:

Morning all :wavey:
Garbage is up @ the road early enuf as not to miss the G-dude today, would hate to miss him this morning since i had a lot more than the normal stuff this week,from my few days of "cleaning house" from a few different spots here.
Was gonna do a early morning run up north for provisions today, but talked myself into taking that on tomorrow.
Nothing in stone on today's worklist, gonna play it by ear tho i have a few "maybe's" in mind.
Coffee's on , go and grab a cup! :gmorning:

Hope everyone has a great day! :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Oh, I'm taking a informal OT poll here..

Does anyone think/feel that those "My dog/cat/goldfish is smarter than your honor student " bumper stickers need to incur hate crime status?

Reason I'm asking is, someone :rolleyes: stated that fact in today's newspaper in the daily public comment section (I'll edit/post the link below),saying it was demeaning and along the lines of a hate crime with those kinda bumper stickers all over the place. (IMO someone is wrapped a lil too tight ;) )

I vote NOPE, since of course they are all meant in fun and only playing off the zillions of 'My kid is a (insert schoo here)Honor student"bumper stickers plastered on so many bumpers.
In the years I've had "My German Shepherd is smarter,,," sticker on the back window of my truck , i have only gotten "cool/funny/good one" comments from it.
Sure you can say that "My honor student can beat up yours" is pushing it a lil bit, but still , c'mon :arg:

5th entry down:
http://www.post-trib.com/news/quickly/2617610,quickly-0820.article

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I'm with you on that Jeff. I personally think hate crime laws are ridiculous. All crimes are the result of hate. If I beat up my wife = hate. If I bash someone who looks like me with a baseball bat = hate. Why should a person be punished more because they did something to someone who is different than them than they would someone who is similar. Punish the crime, motive is irrelevant. *Steps down off of soap box.*
Good Friday morning gang. I'll freshen up the coffee pot. Was going to sleep in a bit later this morning but the little dog thought I would rather get up. Some outside chores, some inside chores. Might be grilling this afternoon, but there is a 60% chance of storms, so we shall see.
Cath, never had a multiple murder vicitim, but did have one psych pt lean over and whisper in my ear, just a serious as you please, "I know you can't see them, but there are Indians chasing us and we have got to go!" Would have given $20 for a Steve Martin arrow when we got to the hospital. I'm mean >;-).
Dick, are you going up to help her move in? Safe trip.
George, that is a fine looking dog. Do you still show him?
Morning Vinnie and Dave.
Sounds like a wild night Fred.
Y'all have a great day!
Ray

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Thanks Ray! we do still but not as much(semi retired).He's 5 and he's finally calming down a little.He's a champion in the AKC and UKC just needs one more win(not many shows in the UKC (he's only been in two shows and just needs one more win for them.)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Morning all. Slow day at the office.

Cynthia and I are working pretty hard, so we are going to take a day off Sunday and head up here, where it is currently 52 degrees at the time of this post.

http://www.colomar.com/ColoradoPlaces/mosquito_pass.html

Looks like Kermit will be on duty for that trip.

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Well, it turned out to be a chain saw and fillin up the truck bed- tree trimming day. I took a break when the sun got directly overhead, and think i might be done for the day:cry:. Tho i got what i wanted to get done , done. Also leveled up the evergreens in front of the casa, and prob will do a lil more out front close to the house after a change into fresh/dry clothes.
Better get a move on b4 this sitting around thing takes over;).

Hope everyone has a great one! :thumbup:

Thanks for the backup on my informal lil poll here this morning :icon_rock::bow:

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Afternoon, Everybody! :)

I've been a busy boy today and it's not over yet. Had a challenging day at work, then a meeting, then partially loaded the Tahoe with FishGirl's stuff, a trip to Staples for some ink & supplies for her, and finally back home. I need to mow and will knock the weeds down when it cools off a bit before the sun goes down. We'll finish loading the cars in the morning before we hit the road for the trip to Nashville.

Oh, I'm taking a informal OT poll here..

Does anyone think/feel that those "My dog/cat/goldfish is smarter than your honor student " bumper stickers need to incur hate crime status?
Jeff, I think it's poor taste to make fun of kids & their parents when they are just showing a little pride in their kid's accomplishments. Some of those stickers say more about the mentality of the jerk than their message implies. I never put one of those on mine as it would have embarrassed FishGirl. She's been taught never to brag and would take it that way. It's ok for me to brag on her despite what she may think, though. :funny:

George needs a bumper sticker that says; "My Dog Is An AKC Champion". :D

I'm with you on that Jeff. I personally think hate crime laws are ridiculous. All crimes are the result of hate. If I beat up my wife = hate. If I bash someone who looks like me with a baseball bat = hate. Why should a person be punished more because they did something to someone who is different than them than they would someone who is similar. Punish the crime, motive is irrelevant.

Dick, are you going up to help her move in? Safe trip.
Ray, the "Hate Crime" label is a toughie to analyze. I understand the perceived need to punish those whose motivation for crime is hate for a particular class of people but like you, don't really see the need. If it's a bad crime, it deserves tough punishment regardless of the motivation. On the other hand, it is a settled legal principle that certain mental states are proper elements of crime, such as 'premeditated'; 'willfully'; 'knowingly'; 'maliciously'; 'recklessly'; etc. To simply hate is not a crime, in fact is protected by the first amendment. The crime is in coupling that hate with some overt act which constitutes a criminal offense. Other than that, I don't know much. ;)

Yes, I'll not only help with the move, I am the principal mover. I may need to see my chiropractor Monday but it's my job to do. :doh:

Perry, that looks like rough country but dramatically beautiful. Can you imagine those early miners and settlers enduring that country on foot or horseback, not to mention they didn't have Gore-Tex and Thinsulate.

Dick:)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good evening

1 - 20 of 32 Posts