The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How one day can feel soooooo different from any other?

Top of the morning Y'All and HAPPY FRIDAY! Vinnie grasped the thought last night....the weekend grows near! And a 2 day one for me.

Coffee is up, and Thomas's English muffins with way toooooo much butter and just the right amount of orange marmalade so it sticks to everything it drips on.

A nice day outside, with a questionable weather forecast for the next two....OF COURSE!

Peace and really cool hopes for All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

thanks for the coffee and Thomas English muffins and sides, Hack! I’ll add PEBA and nanners.

Got to run for now. I’ll be back after I have breakfast with friends go on another errand.

Lots of love and hugs to peace to everyone!

Reactions: VWD

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,423 Posts
Mornin Skipper. Morning Cath. Beautiful day here. Sunny but cool. More of the same for the weekend. The kids are coming tonight so some yard work is in order. Won’t be warm enough for a swim but the gazebo will be the gathering spot.

Have some lighting to work out for the tanks. More on that in my thread when I get into it.

Have an awesome day.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
Good morning Hack, Cath, Rick and all.
Moving slow today. Drinking coffee and sitting outside . It’s starting to rain, just enough to bring up the humidity.
Waiting for my Brine shrimp eggs and enrichments to arrive. Be here today. Also Robert King from zombie clowns messaged me last night that he shipped me out a CharChamber for my fry tank. Can’t wait to give it a try. If it works as good as they claim it will do always with all the water changes. I will also order on for every tank.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

I don’t know if this is a scam or not?

I’ve just received a phone call saying I’ve won $250 or 2 tickets for an Elvis Presley tribute show, then it said just press 1 for the money, 2 for the show....

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Rick, have fun with your sons! Going to be a cookout tonight?

Hi, Vinnie - How are you feeking today?
Sounds like a big scam to me!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
Cath, I’m feeling fine. Bummed out because vi forgot to put garbage out for pickup, I was working on it yesterday from the back yard and then didn’t place at road. So now have to wait till Tuesday.

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Good mornin all, cloudy start but around 80 later, cooling off for rest of my weekend. A little house clea ing , maybe help her pack stuff. Check in later

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
A lil bit left of morning here all👍🏼,

Did old radio check/clean/shiny up duty yesterday,, just felt like the day to do it ( having new old radios here helped, heheh)
The Scott radio freshened up nicely, can really tell how over the top quality a $2500 radio in ‘36 is🤯👍🏼. In 1936 $2500 could buy a lot of things, not many folks spent that money on only a radio.
Pics below..

Grub store stop this morning , guess I was hungry based on the cart at the end of it🤔🥴.

Have a few things in mind to put effort towards,,

Hope everyone is having a good day👍🏼

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Gas Hardwood
Telephone Gas Electrical wiring Audio equipment Automotive lighting
Table Drawer Wood Cabinetry Rectangle

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Good afternoon, guys!

Cath, I’m feeling fine. Bummed out because vi forgot to put garbage out for pickup, I was working on it yesterday from the back yard and then didn’t place at road. So now have to wait till Tuesday.
Bleh. That has happened to me more than once. When I lived in the house and currently in the apartment. What a pain. I’m glad you’re feeling some better.

Doug - I hope all that goes well for your GF.. Nothing fun about moving except the end, hopefully.

Jeff - Wow that Scott radio cleaned up beautifully! That is a real show peace now. Does it still work?j

Laundry becons….,……

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Hard telling on Perry, he seems to get into volatile relationships, hope this one hasn't gone south. 89F/89H out, tryed mowing a bit after sharpening blade, back yard is so high I need to lower it with weed wacker. Exs "friend" is replacing tub/shower faucets so water is off. About ready to go jump in creek, its MUGGLY.
Sounds like with family over might not get a chat in this evening. Hope Hack can pop in a bit.

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Evening all,
Cath, the Scott currently does not work, missing one tube at this point. Then might put low voltage initially into it ( Just plugging it in and “firing it up” tends to be a death knell to old electronics. Paper capacitors n such degrade over time and a sudden full power to them “pops “ em . Blyth learned that by my “teaching” over the years, and would stop a unaware store keeper from plugging it in/trying it out when she would ask about a radio without me , heheh.

Did some outside work,, then inside type efforts.

Trying to rain now, hope if it hangs in there, it’s a soaking rain.🤞🏻.

Still rocking the lidocaine patches on a few body parts,, .Not liking the not being able to lift a arm upward or have one knee making me wince when not even upright .

Gettimg my spinal stimulator replaced on weds, new one will be “recharge” free. No more messing with trying to find the sweet spot with the charger against it thru my skin,,, Had this one in me for 🤔, way too long, longer than a usual lifespan for one 🤷🏻‍♂️. Dunno how long a “permanent “ battery will let, but imagine it’ll be along the lines of the 10 yr or so life of smoke detectors 🤷🏻‍♂️🤞🏻.

Might go north to where a gal/friend that used to work for me back in my LFS days, at the American Legion she tends bar at once a week. She is a animal nut too, SW, FW, parrots (Sis adopted one of hers) dawgs, cats, pond etc. Her family had a skunk as a pet many years ago ( I worked with her dad back in ‘78’ish, before I knew her) Small World🤔🤷🏻‍♂️, Sis is considering getting a baby skunk to add to her menagerie. I woulda, but don’t think it’ll be a good match with the dawgs here . They are ingrained with outside critter hating/prey drive ( Dachshunds = Badger hounds) and they way they hate/chase rabbits/birds/squirrels /cats on the other side of their fence/domain,,, it would not work here.

On to the evening , hope everyone had a great day 👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Jeff - That’s an interesting story about Blyth being able to set an unsuspecting shop owner straight on some electrical things. Good teaching on your part.

Yeah, I think it’s a good idea for you not to have a pet skunk on your property. The odiferous outcome of your long dogs’ instinct-🙄🤣- would have a long-lasting effect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts