The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying.....

Top of the morning Y'All, and welcome to FRIDAY!
Sunny, and touching 70......looks like perhaps fall is now here.....That 'Indian Summer' thing always keeps Ya wondering around these parts.....BUT looks like decreasing temperatures are here to stay now.

Coffee is on, and milk and shortbread cookies to keep these dogs drooling, hoping I share.....I always do.

Hope a pleasant experience awaits All,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Morning Hack, I am not up yet just had to make a trip down the hall, thought I would
Check in . A few hrs till I start getting ready to head south. After yesterday I really need a change in routine. As to yesterday's question yes the people involved spend that kind of money on diesel and stuff. "Hemp" farming is big business being taken over by foreign players freezing out the old hippy growers

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good Morning Hack. Doug and all of TRT.

Thanks for the coffee, I will all some yogurt to the mix.

The weather is changing here. also appears the days are getting shorter,

Doug pot is big business and they have manipulated the plant over the years to create high levels of THC, almost as if it's the the same plant,

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
280 Posts
Morning Hack, Vinnie, & Doug. Looks like Friday is high day around here with all the talk about the electric lettuce!. You are right Vinnie, it is not even remotely like the stuff around in the early 70's, engineered to be way more potent. It is legal here and now big business has moved in and set up large greenhouse operations to feed all the dispensaries that have popped up. With the profits available for R&D I am sure it will only get stronger as time goes by.

I am at work today covering for my Asst. Director who needed the day off. If the coast is clear around 2pm I am heading out on vacation till Oct 12th! Can't wait.

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEY Folks! Long story.....but for now.....HI!

Cath I just sent your issue from yesterday up the chain of command on TEAM TO VS link. See if'n anything like it has been on their radar.
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
"So many huge farms have sprouted up claiming to grow Hemp for CBD market but are really mostly hi strength tHC. There are so many and so few enforcement people that criminals using cheap labor take the risk. A recent bust nearby destroyed over 56 thousand plants, confiscated thousands of pounds of processed bud, hash oil and processing labs as well as thousands of dollars sized along with lots of guns. A couple leaders arrested but several hundred migrant workers were released cause ICE can't come deport them so they go work in another grow site.
It's not like a few years ago when people who lived and farmed here for years, taking pride in growing hi quality organic pot. The cartels use gacky commercial fertilizer and steal water from creeks and domestic wells, ruin an area then move on. It's a real mess.
Anyway I need to jump in shower, pack overnight bag and get ready to head south.

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Doug, Vinnie, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the am food choices, Hack and Vinnie! I may have a shortbread cookie to tide me over until lunch.

Hack - How’s your pain in the neck?

Doug - What a mess with the hemp farming that ruins the land for the organic version!
Have a safe trip to Cali.

Vinnie - Interesting report about tye rainfall in LA that you posted yesterday. That’s a scary amount of rain that you got on 24 hours!😱

HEY Folks! Long story.....but for now.....HI!

Cath I just sent your issue from yesterday up the chain of command on TEAM TO VS link. See if'n anything like it has been on their radar.
Hack
Thanks, Hack!

Rick!! Great to hear about your thoughts of a vacation if the stars align in your favor.

Paying bills today, and it will be more streamlined since I won’t be paying, my mortgage, gas, electric, water, lawn care, and only paying half for internet, PLUS I get cable plus free. Ahhhhh

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
My daughter decided to go camping for a night alone, she went to a lake and set up a tent and did marshmallows . I can.t wait to see how she like it. It was a practice run for when she goes to Georgia and wants to camp to save money, I keep telling her its not worth it

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Tell her be careful out there, crazy shiest everywhere :(
Headin out finally, check in later

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"I am seeing the following error on multiple VS sites this morning, including this one: "upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure." The message appears on a white background.

Brave browser. The only extensions installed are Dashlane, Grammarly, and Lustre. macOS Big Sur 11.5.1."

Several people over on OneFora mentioned this similar issue yesterday, and appeared to clear it'self up like your's did Cath.
And the response from the higher ups appear to say all is good and under control.....

"There was an error for about 1-2 minutes. I was online when it came up and raised the flag as soon as I saw it. The Technical Teams were looking into it and it looked like there was just a small bottleneck in the servers that was cleared up almost as soon as it happened.

They will keep an eye on it incase it comes up again."

I'll keep digging around Cath, but hope all is good today with you, and ALL?
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In retrospect THAT post looks a wee confusing. It's an exert from a thread over there with what appears to be talking about yesterdays issues on here. And then a response from them in charge.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Vinnie and Doug - I agree with you guys... camping out in the middle of nowhere is not worth the many serious risks.

In retrospect THAT post looks a wee confusing. It's an exert from a thread over there with what appears to be talking about yesterdays issues on here. And then a response from them in charge.
Hack
Thanks for digging around to find out what those error messages were all about.

How was everyone’s Friday? Mine was uneventful, but not boring. Come to think of it, I don’t know what a boring day is.

Thoughts of grooviness to everyone!

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Cath, and all on night shift!

Yeah Cath, 'boring' is a word for them with a limited vocabulary......exquisitely benign would be an option.🤔👍:cool:

Hope your daughter has a blast Vinnie! But I agree with the longer trip trying to save money by camping......shop wiser for a quality hotel and save money rather than ruining your back on the ground. 😁

We had a wonderful day out in the fresh air and sunshine at the shooting range......just Hack and me. Teetering on the verge of fall/summer weather.

Looks like a TV remote night lies ahead......during trivia question at the range, I/We discovered my memory is fading in key aspects of Star Wars......in particular the middle trilogy. Let's see.....🤔.....what should I watch.......😁🍿🥤

Hope most groovy surrounds all,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Hey Folks I finally left town at noon and got here about 7:45, l are beat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts