The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... :unsure: .....Sure feels like a *onday.

Good morning, and HAPPY FRIDAY.......:oops: 'BLACK FRIDAY'!

Today will take some gumption to get through.....trying to sleep on an over stuffed belly doesn't exactly allow one to go to sleep on demand.....so more sleep would have been wonderful.
Add to THAT, for some reason I decided to get up at 4:30a rather than 5a.....goofy 'internal alarm clock'.

Coffee is up....CIB'MC' for fuel, and a couple more days at work laying ahead. Calling for 'light rain' this morning, but don't see any. 40 heading to 50F, and GALE WARNINGS up for Sunday. Probably won't be getting to our Christmas lights then.

Turkey in one guise or another forecasted over the next handful of days.....eventually I'm going to realize that might involve left overs.

May grooviness and nice stuff rule,
Hack

· Retired Wanderer
22,693 Posts
Morning all. I was going to buy a TV today a little bigger than the little 27" one in my room. Unfortunately HR did not set up my direct deposit right, and work is closed today. It shows my pay stub, but is blank under direct deposits. This is pretty disappointing.

Got coffee anyway. Help yourselves.

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning Bro.....
SADLY, though for different reasons, I find my check doesn't get deposited on time.....and the culprit, our 'secretary' just says, 'Ooooooopsy', as she 'flips here hair back. Probably happened 2-3 times over the course of the year. YOUR ONLY JOB IS TO CALL IN PAYROLL!!!

OK, I feel better now.

We lived to be old enough to consider a 27" TV 'little'. I remember the 25" 'console TV' was our last when my parents we're alive .....we were WOW......
Since then we have gotten up to 55" TVs, but at the moment have a 42" ....same thoughts, 'small'. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,890 Posts
Mornin Gents. Bummer about the pay - being Black Friday it is even more annoying.

That was a great looking plate of food Hack. Looks like the mission was a success.

Just mixed a tank water - going to do some maintenance on the tank today. There are no real plans other than that. I have a sneaking suspicion the kids are coming down - a week ago Lisa asked me what I was doing this weekend and she never does that, then she came home from Costco with two huge veggie trays…and snacks. My birthday is Monday…Something is up. I stocked the beverage fridge just in case.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,961 Posts
Good morning all.
We got hit with some heavy rain yesterday. Came down pretty hard for most the day. All gone now . But like always some people flooded.
Thanksgiving meal was good then UNO for a few hours. Grandkids had a blast.,
Here are some pictures from one area that flooded
Water Sky Green Nature Plant

Water Shorts Green Tree Lake

Water Green People in nature Natural landscape Body of water

We have a 65 inch tv in the living room and 55 outside in the patio that we seldom use .but is nice if you feel like sitting outside and watching a game.

· Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
Morning all,
Day later Turkey Day at Sis’s this afternoon, so the never ending chore of “stuff” to fill the day prior is in effect.
Shop “putting stuff away” is the permanent job description here,,, now added to it is finding a home or landing spot for stuff from Dad’s garage.
At least with winter coming , outside chores not happening short of snow relocation, will give more indoor energy and time in each day.

Back to “busy”,,,

Hope everyone has a great day 👍🏼

Reactions: hackshobby and VWD

· Administrator
61,346 Posts
Good Morning All, even tho it is afternoon for most of you. Friend brought dinner over to us last night. Daughter is doing turkey today since the kid was sick and they dint make it into town
36 headin to 60 later, expecting my son to call or drop in, other than that i dont know yet. Bummer on fubar direct deposit Perry :(

· Super Moderator
35,863 Posts
Finally, good afternoon, everyone!

I see that everybody survived turkey day. Or, and make it a non-turkey day.

Hack , you don’t really think that Nate would let you win at chess? Take the win and go with it!
Your secretary forgets to do payroll and that’s her only job?? There is something wrong with that.

Perry, that’s terrible that you didn’t get your first paycheck. There’s something wrong with that as well. I guess HR‘s phone will be ringing pretty hard on Monday, or maybe tomorrow.

Everyone take note of the important hint in Rick’s post. That leads us into what we need to do on Monday.

Vinnie, all the rain you got ended up as green water? I didn’t know you lived in Area 51.😉😂 Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving, though you couldn’t chow down on any of it. I guess you’re used to it, and end up having fun with everyone anyway.

Jeff - have fun with your sis and your nephews today. I guess you still give your nephews a hard time with your sense of humor, right? I think it’s your genetic duty to give them a hard time.

Doug - I hope you get to see Greg later today, or at least hear from him. Enjoy your Thanksgiving later today.

so far I have not figured out why I cannot post a photo or otherwise use that toolbar when I use Chrome. So here’s a photo of the bread that I made that supposed to look like a turkey.
Food Ingredient Tableware Kitchen appliance Recipe

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Retired Wanderer
22,693 Posts
The bread looks good Cath.

Reactions: cath and VWD

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well that there 'light rain' turned into an ALL DAY not so light rain, and the temps fell ta boot.....but then again when you're wet in the end of November you're COLD no matter what the temps are.

Did get to come home a couple hours early, AFTER stopping at HeckNoMart on Black Friday. THAT, except for the fact it is THAT place, was a pleasant experience. NO lines, though there was plenty of PJs shopping.

2nd full Turkey dinner under the belt...above the belt....around the belt.....behind the belt.....
Pumpkin pie and coffee chaser doing it's thing.

Saturday on the creek in on my agenda for tomorrow, though the length, as usual is a mystery.

MONDAY is dully noted Cath. ;)

GREEN WATER.....:unsure:.....sounds like the makings of a groovy song.
(y):cool:
Hack

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,961 Posts
CCR did some great stuff. Green River brings back memories.
We got over 4 inches of rain yesterday. The most in any thanksgiving day on record. Pretty mellow out now . Windows open taking in that cool kind of humidity.

· Administrator
20,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If We'All ever grab the 45's and gather round Cath's record player for a sleepless over, feel free to bring all the CCR you can carry. (y) :p
Hack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts