The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 10 kenya tree frags that came on some live rock. I am going to start 'cooking' the rock tomorrow or the next day so if you want the Kenya's I would love for you to come and get them, or I can meet you at Georgia State campus tomorrow afternoon at 4:15 or 7:15. Free to good home.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Conyers...probably be much closer for you to meet me in atlanta at GSU.

·
Registered
560 Posts
why cook the rock if it already live?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 14 of these things, all 1-2" tall when engorged. Still free to good home....

·
Registered
560 Posts
If it free then it me :p I take 1 or 2 if you still want to give them away.

I an in norcross, but I can make a trip

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in Covington which is about 35 min East of Downtown on I-20. I come into town (Georgia State) every Mon, Wed, and Thur. after work and I am there till' 7:10. The frags are unmounted but I will rubber band them onto a piece of rock if you wish.

webdr 2
wolfie 2
Saint Taris 3

7 more to go. Who's next??

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hmm you live an hour drive for me, but I'll make the drive if you like..

I just want to see other peeps tank and sump look :p

I am still new to this and could use some idea..

·
Snorkelholic
441 Posts
do you use RO / DI H2O? .... tried feeding less?.... cut down on lighting?...

this method of cooking your live rock seems like a short term fix...

please keep us in the loop in a few months...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GeoJoe said:
do you use RO / DI H2O? .... tried feeding less?.... cut down on lighting?...

this method of cooking your live rock seems like a short term fix...

please keep us in the loop in a few months...
Nope, I have nothing to fix. (well I probably have alot of things to fix, depends on who you ask :nuts: ) Thanks to a good skimmer, very little feeding, and weekly 30% water changes w/ RODI water, my tank is algae free and I want to keep it that way. All I want out of 'cooking' this newly purchased rock is to remove whatever algae and detritus that is already built up in it or on it, increase porosity, and subsequently give the rock as long a working life as possible before I put it in a new tank. (I am putting together another small tank in a few months, the rock was a great deal, and I just wanted to try this for myself to see what happens while I put the rest of the tank together) Thanks for the suggestions though and I will try to take some pictures of the crud that comes out each week.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am in stockbridge and could meet you in conyers. I'd like to try 2 or 3. Give me a call for place and time.

Thanks

Michael
678-860-2268

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll be glad to. Although my address is Covington, I actually live closer to Conyers anyway. Call you in the morning between 10-12.

webdr 2
wolfie 2
Saint Taris 3
Noelle419 3

4 left

Noelle419 said:
I am in stockbridge and could meet you in conyers. I'd like to try 2 or 3. Give me a call for place and time.

Thanks

Michael
678-860-2268

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm up for two of your kenya tree frags. I can pick up at the 4:15 time on Wednesday if that works for you. Call me to tell me where.

Mark

P.S. ignore my signature line. I have several corals, all growing out from frags.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
webdr 2
wolfie 2
Saint Taris 3
Noelle419 3
BLFuller123 2
Matlet 2

Okay, that makes 14. Unless I can find more small rubble, most of them will be unmounted but they attach quickly. Some have a little bit of rock left on them which you can just glue to whatever you like. Those with no rock can be attached by placing a small rubber band over the base and whatever you would like them to attach to. If you have not already, send me a PM with a number where you can be reached during the day today and I will get with everyone for pickup. I am glad they are all spoken for. Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not meaning to steal your thread, but.... If there is anyone is central or south georgia that wants some, send me an email. I have 5 or 6 to get rid of.

alan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts