The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I guess I will post something here since someone may be from my general area. I posted in the AZ area, but not much traffic there.

Flame Angel - Medium (1 1/2 yrs.)
Blue Hippo Tang - Medium (2 yrs.)
FoxFace Lo - Medium (2 yrs.)
Niger Trigger - Medium (2 yrs...very docile)
2 Damsels (1 blue, 1 blue/yellow) Medium sizes (2 yrs.)

Haitian Sea Anemone - Large (1 yr.)
Aquacultured purple Clam Mantle (large) (6 months..MH recommended)
Cleaner shrimp - small (3 months)

180lbs. base/live rock
180lbs. sand
30lbs. Reef rubble from sump

If you are interested in some or all, that is fine too. The best part about this is it's FREE! If you have rubbermaid tubs and specimen bags and enough room in your vehicle, come and get it. Please PM me if you are interested and we can setup a time/date for pickup. I don't want to ship as I don't want the liability. Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Mike,

Do you know how long you are going to have the LR and sand? If you'll still have it in June, I will pay you the full shipping cost to get 30 lbs of LR and about 15 lbs of sand to New Jersey. No liability to you whatsoever. I understand what mistakes the post office can make; trust me.

PM me if this is okay or not okay.

Thanks!
-Mike :banana::beer: :banana:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beleive it or not, I still don't have any local takers at this point, and it is 9:15pm. You would think since it's free, people would be banging down my door knowing how much base/lr cost these days. The sand and the rock have been established for about 2 years, so you will have some die-off if it ships, but you are probably already aware of that. If it's a new setup, no worries.
Let me see if I can find homes for the fish first, then I can PM you about the rock and sand. I need to have this broken down by June 5 at the latest due to traveling to TX to find a new home there.

Thanks for responding

Mike

·
Registered
350 Posts
Try posting on reefcentral, there is a lot of traffic over there on in the clubs section on this site. There really isn't many people that make it over here. Actually I just found out about this part of the site last week and I have been on the boards every day for six months, so I don't think many people know about this. If I lived closer I would have picked it up in an instant, esp the clam. :)
Good luck!! (Oh, if you wish to ship the clam please PM me ;) )

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! So far, this is what will be left after this weekend:

1 Niger Trigger
2 Damsels
180lbs. of lr/base
180lbs. of sand
30-40 hermit reef crabs

Seahorsefanatic - If time permits, I'll see if I can send you some rock/sand your way.

Regards,

Mike

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
yeah to bad your not in georgia i would have taken everything...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is_that_a_fish said:
yeah to bad your not in georgia i would have taken everything...
Sorry about that. This is a rare occasion for me to break down a tank. Due to relocating/timing is the reason it is all free. In addition, it was important for me to find good homes for these guys farely quickly.
Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
I would be happy to pay you for shipping on some LR as well 50-100 lbs if you can. of course no liability to you. i would also be happy to grab the inverts as well. PM sent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts