The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am planning to hold my 2nd annual reefkeeping course at my home. Last year's course was fun and everyone, including me, learned something. You will learn about the basics of reefkeeping including some of the mistakes I made (lots!) so that you don't make the same ones.

We will talk about setup, water chemistry, fish, corals, pests, maintenance, equipment, energy efficiency ideas, plumbing a tank, working with acrylic (demonstration), and coral propagation (fragging demonstration).

Coffe, bagels and donuts will be served free of charge. For lunch we went to Kelly's in Saugus last year to see their huge reef aquarium. We then drove to Sea Creatures in Revere. The same could be planned this year.

Enrollment will be limited to the first 15 people so reserve early!
Also, one lucky attendee will WIN a $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE for Skiptons in Boston.

Please post in this thread if you are interested. The time and date will be set after we get the required number of attendees so that we can work around everyone's schedule.

Anyone who would like to help me out by presenting part of the course, reviewing the presentaion material, or via any other means, please contact me by PM or post here.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reefkeeping Course

Kenn, thanks for your interest in the course! Stay tuned for updates in this sticky thread. As soon as we get a full class (10 -15) I will post the course syllabus, directions to my house (via PM) and a contact phone number (via PM).

Let's make this club great! :banana:
Kenn157 said:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Rob

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Ok, let's try this....Rob what is the best possible date and time for you?
You can't possibly work all day and night Sat and Sun, right?

ceige said:
OK lets find Robby a new job, :clown: JK we can work this out I'm sure...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts