The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would a thread together of what I have in the tank. I don't have pics of my frags that I got just yet, but here is my newest addition, ain't she a beaut?!?

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
Excellent!

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Temperment...lets see...where do I start?? I will say...she is a funny fish. I bought her from a local reefer who had to get some of his larger fish out of his tank. She was very easy to catch...just drop some mysis in a 2 liter bottle with the top cut off and she jumped right in! Now...getting her to her holding tub, that was another story...she flipped out a bit and jumped out of the container and carpet surfed for a few seconds (poor girl). She seems to be ok.

I got her home, drip acclimated her for about 45 min and then netted her to put her in the tank. This is where she gets funny...she saw the net coming and started squirting water at me :) LOL! Made a friggin mess...

I got her and dropped her in and she has been a model citizen, not touching anything as far as my few softies go...or the snails...

The baby loves her...she just stares at her swimming across the tank...follows her from one end to the other (if you didn't know it you might think she was watching tennis) :)

I hope she has a long healthy life.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Nice trigger and excellent 'portrait' of her, Frank!

Dick:)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all!

She is a nice fish (about 5" to 6" and a fatty)...I have had her for about a week now and she certainly has some personality! She comes right to the glass when I come down the stairs and gives me those puppy dog eyes (I can't resist, every time my dog gives me those eye's I give her a treat)...

how can you resist that?!?

So...she (the fish gets fed too when she begs) :)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok...well I got some more stuff yesterday to add to the tank:

1 Lawn Mower Blenny
1 Sand Sifting Star
1 Royal Blue Urchin
5 Red Leg Hermits
10 Mexican Turbo's
25 Narssius Snails
1 orange cap frag (free from a friend)
1 green cap frag (free from a friend)
1 purple cap frag (free from a friend)

And I got some of my old stuff back from my friend who I gave them to when the olf flood happened:

Toadstool Leather & Green Star Polyp

Here are some pics:

And an FTS:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts