The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, this is also listed on the club's website. I usually frag these for free, but i am trying to be completely rid of corals in the tank which means giving away some decent sized pieces of LR, so I would simply like an equal amount of LR in return (roughly) and you get free corals... :) Or if you want to trade base rock (that you didn't make yourself... :)) then I'd like a little extra since you're getting free worms and pods... :nuts: along w/ the free corals...

Anyway, here are the details:

I am looking to get all my corals out of my tank, the problem is a lot of the frags are on large pieces of LR or it's xenia and that stuff grows back on me from the smallest patch of flesh, so I would like to trade all my corals for either base rock or LR.

I would like to start by seeing if anyone wants to take everything. If I can't get an offer for everything that I like, I'll part it out.

In total, I'm guessing the corals will come on roughly 15-20# of LR (including my GSP which is on a GARF.org rock that I made, one of my favorite rocks... :)

Anyway, I would like at least 20# of LR in trade for the corals or 35# of base rock (needs to be nice base rock), and you will get the following:

Orange Zoos (20-30 polyps)
Purple Zoos (around 10 polyps)
Xenia Elongata (don't know how many stalks, but I'd guess between 8-10)
Turbinaria (this is the large polyp stuff, it's a light green, has probably 40-50 polyps)
GSP (this is 2 smaller colonies) Each on their own piece of rock.
Kenya Tree
Brown Polyps

I've posted pictures before, but here we go again... I've fragged these since these pictures were taken so the size is different (except for the trub and tree which are both larger now)

warning
I should warn you that the orange zoos are on a very nice piece of LR that I added to the tank about 6 months ago, BUT it has some nuisance algea on it, namely the bubble stuff (1 to 2 small patches) and bryopsis. I've been told the bryopsis will die in a health tank where it will be out competed for nutrients. It is neither growing nor dying my tank, but be warned, the orange zoos have grown in and around the bryopsis. I didn't realize this until my blenny sat on them and they closed up, revealing the algea.

The rock also has halmedia (sp?) on it, but that's easy to get off if you don't like it. It is a macro algea, and I don't mind it.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
matt, id love the purple ones if they are still available, ive got some great cured rock. just let me know about how many pounds it is.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry folks, I should've updated sooner.

I have a deal pending for all of it this saturday w/ Kullas.

thanks for the interest and the pms.

so...

deal pending

·
Registered
395 Posts
I got all the rock and coral in my tank and with in about an hour everything was already poped out and looking good.
Thanks for the trade. I will get some pics of it all when my camara gets back from the shop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts