The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my tank about two months ago and will be putting my lighting on my tank tomorrow. I was curious if anyone has any frags for sale?? I live in Lake Oswego, OR and can drive a moderate distance. Let me know.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Hi; I'm going to move your thread over to the PNWMAS forum...the Pacific NW Marine Aquarium Society. We're based in the Portland area so maybe you can make a meeting sometime :)

Alice

·
Going Broke
1,595 Posts
What kinds of frags are you looking for? I will have a good selection in about a week or 2. Drop me a PM is you like me to keep you updated. I'll have a site with pictures up soon.

Jim

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
if you are ever bored and want to head to se portland, you can take a look at my tank, and anything i can cut a piece off of is yours. you can just hit me back some time when you find something i like in a color i dont already have.

i have mainly mushrooms, which are good to start with, but i also have some assorted leathers, some xenia, a couple species of tree... basically good early corals that dont require a tank that has been running for 2 years. also my stuff has the benefit of lower light requirements (all i am running is about 200 watts of pc and flour).

pm me if you are interested and ill get together with you on a good day. if you know where soutas is, im a half mile from there to give you a general idea.

also puntific has some of the most beautiful corals i have seen, so if he has something for you to buy, you can pretty much trust me and wanna that you should buy first, see pic later, because everything in his tank is awesome. i am trying to find a way to buy a taller tank, so i can buy his seamount covered with zoos if his wife ends up letting him get rid of it :p

oh and on a side note, waves in LO has a 5-15 dollar frag tank. if you would like to get some stock that you can start to grow out as trade fodder for meetings, you can take 30 bucks there and get a few things that are nice looking, grow them out, split em, and then next month when the meeting comes around you will have some stuff to swap (harder to swap when all your stuff comes from within the community you want to trade with hehe).

ryan

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Ryan,

Thanks again for the plug. I broke off some montipora Capricornis (*yack* 3 differnt colors). It wasn't intentional. A big rock fell and then there was the reorganization ect... Some of the Caps were just too big! ;)

If you are serious about the seamount, I know I said a number but I was too busy thinking about placement to think out the true value. I would need to adjust that number higher I think...

puntific

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
when i have a bigger tank, and if you can let it go, more than what we discucssed doesnt seem unreasonable. i am probably the only guy who doesnt mind bargaining the wrong way to get nice looking stuff.

sorry to hear about your caps, well trade fodder eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts