The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. The next meeting is coming up (thursday). So its time to get this baby rolling. I have no frags to trade but I have a beautiful 4" Gold bar Maroon clown I am looking to get rid of.

Scott

·
I have no life, just fish
398 Posts
If any of the new members don't have the club weed yet (xenia), I have some to spare. (about time to flush some more)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well I've still got my 30 gallon going with nothing in it but a bit of club weed (Xenia) and bacteria waiting to pick up our new 90 gal hopefully by this time next month. Unfortunately I have nothing to trade until then but I'm getting tired of watching bacteria grow.

I'd love to steal a mushroom or zoo from someone that has an over abundance. At least I'd have something more to look at. I'll hopefully have something to offer at next month's meeting. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Todd I was cleaning my tank the other day and found a loose red ricordea. Its about 2” maybe a little bigger. Its yours if you would like it.

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
nice nice nice..

Todd: you're not TOO far from st paul, I'm moving in 2 weekends, sigh its not coming fast enough

I will be tearing down the 120 gallon tank and selling the tank, but thats not the point here, I'm going to be moving everytning over to a 180, when I did that last time, I had a LOT LOT LOT of frags floating around

you're welcome to that.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Clyde, I have someone who would be interested in your tank (besides me). Please pm me a price and what it would all include, and I'll let the person know.
Derek

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a rock that is probably 5 inches across, though fairly flat, with about a dozen green mushrooms on it if you are interested.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was on a xenia killing spree two nights ago and re-arrange some rocks where the xenia was. I broke a tiny piece of green star polyps from the main colony. I'll bring it if somebody indicates in this thread that they want it.

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
I stopped by Greg's house today. He has some frags from his re-aquascaping. He didn't think he would be able to make it to the meeting so I grabbed them. I am going to try and make it this time. Unfortunately I have missed the last two meetings since this is my busiest time of year (I do Landscaping,Excavating and Demolition work.) I will bring some frags if any one wants them. They are various sps and a candy cane coral. I also have calerpa(grape) if any one wants some. If I can't make it for some reason anyone is welcome to come buy and pick up a frag. I didn't want them to die in Greg's holding tank as their wasn't much light. I also made a bulk buy of frozen cyclo-peeze. This is the ultimate fish fry and coral food. I will sell them at cost. I got extra in case any of you club members might want some. It is cheaper to ship multiple packages than just one. Check out RC for soem of the threads on this food. So far it hasn't got one bad review. I have used it only a few days but have noticed remarkable polyp extension on my sps already. I definately like it better than golden pearls. I am going to post a seperate thread for replys so i know how much to bring. I have two packages which are $40 each. They are large so they can be easily split.

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
re: 120 gallon AGA RR

I ll letcha know after the move, I havent decided on price, and I need to 'finish' up the stand on the sides.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Clyde, sounds good. At the rate I'm going with the 220, maybe I can talk the wife into your 120 and then put the other thing in storage for the time being.:(

Greg, if you have another oops frag of the orange m. cap, I'd be interested. Could always pick up when I get my other "frags" from you.

Derek

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Dave (madrefkepr), If I have time and make the meeting, I'll bring you a bristle worm or two or threeeeee.

Crevalle (if you read this), LMK what you wanted last time, and I'll try and bring it this time--I think it was GSPs and some red sea and elongata xenia, but don't remember.

Derek

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd take that tiny piece of green star polyps from ya Trung. With that and a mushroom I'll have something to look at. :p

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Free, not looking for anything in return.

I have 8 - 10 frags of a Montipora from the solomon islands that I will be bringin to the meeting. Mother colony is about 4 years old.

I don't have any closeup pics of the coral. Here is a pic that is over a year old. Coral is in the upper left.

Most frags of it are good sized as I had to thin it out because it was blocking too much of the current and tips were at the water surface. I would say several are 4". Definately larger than your average frags.

While not a particularly flashy colored coral. The formation is pretty unique. Looks much like a Heliopora shape when placed in pretty high current. Tips ( new growth ) are purple in intense light and usually green in lesser. When it gets to be good sized you will see both color tips as some parts of the coral get more light than others. Main color varies depending on your lights anywhere from brown, yellow, green depending on the K and intensity of your bulbs.

First come first served.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts