The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Pro 2nd Amendment
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a good size devils hand 2 weeks ago. I am going to frag it for a friend and maybe a piece or 2 for my LFS. I was wondering if I have to take it out or if I can cut a some off in the tank? I kow it will slime up and I should wet skim for a couple of days but other then that any thing else I should know/do? I have done sps before and they are easy to frag.

Attachments

· Pro 2nd Amendment
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im going to use a plug with bridal vail and rubber band. I planned on dipping both the frags and the mother colony afterwards. Its not rvive but it is coral dip.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
I would just use a pair of scissors and cut off some of those fingers. Piece of cake. Once you do make a cut though, the coral will most likely retract. You might have to wait a few days for the coral to open back up before you can frag it again. GL.

· Pro 2nd Amendment
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Im just going to frag at the most 3-4 pieces. I probably wont frag it again for months. Only reason Im doing it now is cause me and my friend's wife have been wanting to get one and I was able to get one 2 weeks ago. I told him I will sell him a frag for her. Pic is lights on.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.