The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys how do I frag this sucker it is about 10 in across when open coming from one stalk?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Frag it very carefully;) And send the biggest frag to me ASAP!!

I think BuzzHog just fragged one!:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem Johnny I already had you in mind,maybe Buzz will chime in and tell me how?:beer: :dance:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
He's in chat right now I will ask him!:D

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Casey, is that doesn't look like branching FS... Mine is branshing and I just cut the stalks...

Fragging non-branching FS is a PITA and is risky... It has to be done over time...

You need to drill holes along the base and insert acrylic wedges... Over the of a month or so, use the wedges to split the stalk...

Is there a single mouth for the entire coral?? If so, you need to split the mouth in half... If there are multiple mouths, you'd want to split between them...

HTH and let us know how things turn out...

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok Buzz thanks looks like I need to break out the drill and get some rods I think I only see one mouth.thanks again:)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Better you than me Casey. I get a bit nervous using power tools on corals. Keep us posted on the progress.

G

·
yeah if it isnt a branching frog you frag it the same way you frag a bubble...slowly speperate it.....over a period of time like buzz said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts