The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I am hosting November's meeting. I will have a few items available if any one wants them. I have a nice purple digi and green digi frag. I also have a large group of Halimeda for who-ever wants it. Macro-Algae will also be available. If any one has a frag to trade that would be cool. If not don't show up - j/k.:D I also have some fish that you can have if I can ever catch them. I put a cuttlefish in the tank once to try and catch them but he gave up and went after my cleaner shrimp- so the fish are still there. All my ceph's got wiped out by copper in my phyto-plankton culure:( so there aren't any on display. Maybe another time. :)

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
what type of fish?
I have some green milli, and another green acro that I will have frags of for trade. ALso some green zoos and purple gorgonian.
See here for details.

Derek

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
purple gorgonian from capman ?

I have something similar to it but it sure isnt purple..

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
clyde,

I have a thin-branched bushy gorgonian that has purple stalks but brown polyps (based on your post, perhaps you've seen it?). What I have is different from what otolith shows in his post (which has thicker branches). You are welcome to a piece sometime if you are interested.

Bill

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Energy, Since I am starting over restocking my tanks I am in need of just about everything. Halmedia, macro, frags etc. Tanks are VERY empty and in need.

Derek, still looking to part with some Zoos?
JJ

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
hey stan-
i was hoping that my zoos (specifically the red/orange and green/yellow morphs you've seen in that nano at SF) would have spread a lil more in time for the meeting. i have a piece of rubble positioned accordingly to get some of both for ya. but with the tank being young and somewhat unsettled-(relatively speaking-i've head zero fish or coral deaths (dozen or more SPS frags all doing well)) and them adapting to the increase in light (10000K 175 to new 6500K 250) they're growing a lil slower. i'll have to hook you up some other time. i'm sure you'll be plenty busy with the meeting anyways-take er easy-
rich

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I will have 2 frags of the Grigor Solomon Islands Montipora available. The thing grows fast, large flower like polyps, green body in my tank. The frags were created by a snail knocking loose the 90 elbow on my sea swirl and the elbow falling into the piece. Sea swirl made a nice valley in my tank as the flow was then shooting straight down. I guess it is one way to keep the sand clean.

Here is a link to the thread where David explains it better than me.

Link

About 2/3 way down the page..

Greg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am planning to be at the meeting and could bring blue coral
mushrooms, Actinodiscus sp as much as there is a demand for. Have tons of them.
Hans

·
Registered
140 Posts
Would love some 'shrooms. :D
The 45g tank will be softie only and I'm planning on a future population of various mushhrooms.

Thanks Derek.....
JJ

·
Registered
132 Posts
slobber

Ok I'm drooling now. Looking to stock my 2.5 with some gracious giveaways. I hope to make my first appearance at a meeting this time. Now that it's not in outstate MN. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Peace
MPLS_Gazer

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
I would like some shrooms as well if you can spare anymore. Does anyone have any nice colored sponges that they could frag? I don't have anything to trade in return yet, but I think I am getting close.

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave I'll take a blue Stag horn frag. Greg I got one of those from Dave awhile back but thanks. Derek the fish is various damsels that my ceph's couldn't catch and neither can I ( i need a fish trap). I do have a miniture lionfish that poisoned me once. You can have him (again if I can catch him). Everyone else I have shrooms as well that are give away's. Bill or Derek I am set on gorgonions but thanks for the offer.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Stan, you'll have to have HARV bring over his fly fishing hooks. I'll see if I can find some as well, and we'll go fishing. Was really curious what fish couldn't be caught by the ceph's! Not really interested in the fish, just curious what they were.

If anyone is interested, I have a scopas tang that Matt (toyfreak) rescued and I adopted. It's there for the taking at a cheap price (ie. free), as long as I can catch him and s/he goes to a good home.

Derek

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Energy, I would love any shrooms you have... ahhhh that is any shrooms you have that are a type of coral that are to be placed in an aquarium:D Also does anyone have a frogspawn frag they would be willing to part with?? I got a piece from Ben but it disappeared when I had to go to California for a week only 2 days after I got it...:( My wife did not track it very well. She was to afraid to search for it because she was grossed out by the brittle starfish that was in there. I think she believed it would harm her. Anyway I would love to try it again since I wont be going anywhere until January. I promise to take good care of it!:D

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Derek I went the fly fishing route already. I also used earthworms, formula 1, and shrimp pieces on a really small hook. I had a six line wrass I couldn't catch forever. Then one day I went down to check on the tanks and there he was dried up on the floor!- Bonus! It just sucks he had to die instead of going into a fellow reefer's tank. The fish actually came as a hitchhiker in live rock. Trodder - as a fellow reefer I follow what your saying about the shrooms dude! You ever notice how reefers kind of talk like a mix between swingers and stoners? E.G.- Stoney reef, reefer's, shrooms, fraggin parties, swappin frags, free Tang, chisel off a chunk of the rock, etc.etc. These are lines I pulled off this thread.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts