The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the tanks been moved and set up for almost a month now. Corals are doing rather well. They did go thru somewhat of a shock and some lightened and lost some color but are starting to regain it back..
I made alot of changes in a short period of time during the move. The SSB was removed and I am running barebottom, 60% of the live rock was removed and the other 40% was moved to the sump. Frag rack was installed and a new 250w XM 10k was put in the fixture. Right now my calcium is burning up like crazy... It's going from about 420 to about 340-360 every 24hrs. Corals are putting on growth rather quickly right now and I'm dosing a ton of calcium..Hopefully dripping kalk will help a bit. Corraline has not started to grow back yet and at the moment am having a little diatom algae starting to grow on the rack. I'm assuming this will be gone in a week or so hopefully and the corraline will kick in, plus my snail population is rather low at the moment. Temp is very stable at about 80 with the tank being in the basement. PH is sitting at about 8.1 but I would like it to be around 8.4 which I am working on at the moment. I do have a new ozone unit with controller but I am going to wait another month or so to install it because at the moment I don't want to make anymore changes to the tank. My Euro reef is pulling out about 1/2-3/4 of it's cup a day of nasty skimmate! The only thing that is not looking so great is one of my two tridacna's. Not sure if it is the stress of the move or the "cleaner" tank from removing the sandbed. The other clam is looking great. Also, my RBTA split this week. Anyways, here are a few pics of how it looks today...

Jeff







 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top