The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just introduced a Powder Blue Tang to my tank - which already had a Foxface Rabbitfish in it. The PBT has decided that the Foxface is an enemy (I guess their faces are similarly colored) and keeps "dive bombing" the Foxface - who is looking more than a little freaked out. This has been going on for about two days (on and off). The Foxface is also swimming with a definite tilt - its nose is higher than its tail.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Neither fish seems to be physically injured - although its hard to tell with the Foxface because he runs and hides under the live rock any time I get too close to the tank.

Will the PBT settle down and stop acting like quite such a jerk? [I introduced the PBT and a Yellow Tang at the same time and the Yellow sniffed the Foxface a couple of times and then has been ignoring him and the PBT]. FWIW, all three fish are about the same exact size.

Thanks in advance.

K.M.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear. Since I posted the PBT and the Foxface appear to have arrived at a similar detente and are studiously ignoring each other - while yanking on the same piece of nori. Very realpolitik in all its aspects :funny:

K.M.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Guess we posted at the same time. Sounds like things are improving. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update to let you all know that the PBT and the Foxface have declared peace and are completely ignoring each other. :dance: :beer: :dance:

I guess sometimes the best thing in this hobby is not to do anything at all. :rolleyes:

K.M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts