The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine seems to have a taste for xenia, despite the abundance of algae in the tank for him to munch on. Anyone else have a foxface go after coral?

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
ooo ya got me worried now lol
i only have my foxface for a few weeks but he shows no interest in corals (so far)
i just added a tiny xenia today, ill watch to see if he picks at it.
they need to graze pretty much all day tho. i feed mine twice a day flakes and then he gets nori (seaweed) to pick at from a clip.
his belly is always fat, i can see him busting out sometimes lol
hes probably hungry...feed him a little more and always keep a vegi clip for him to graze on and he should stop eating corals

·
Registered
363 Posts
salt creepette said:
Mine seems to have a taste for xenia, despite the abundance of algae in the tank for him to munch on. Anyone else have a foxface go after coral?
Hmm.... I had a Xenia frag disapear and I assumed it was my narrowlined puffer(who eats aiptasia), but it could have been my Foxface..... He's left all my other corals alone

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya well mine has NO excuses. I feed three times a day with the good stuff AND have a nori clip. :angry:

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
ahh man, well there go my corals i guess lol
i have a coral beauty too, guess with those 2 my corals are doomed :bawling:
ahh ill just keep buying new ones, it will give me an excuse to shop

:blob:
nothings been touched "yet" but after reading this i guess its just a matter of time
:confused:

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
I have a foxface and he is a very upstanding tank citizen....I am sorry to hear that, but they can be like that

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
mine picks inbetween the polyps. hubby thought he was eating them but i told him no hes just picking at the debri inbetween.
but i hear xenia is kinda like candy to alot of fish :doh: :funny:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Geoff said:
they tend to be very vegitarian oriented.

G~
Not mine, he eats brine shrimp and the meat off the skewer I use for feeding the puffer....

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geoff, I am one of the rare ones that LIKES my xenia ;) (well, for the time being anyways)

I doubt he will do permanent damage. Im not upset enough to remove him. It is after all a fish tank. well, its argueable, but it is also a reef tank.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts