The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running a 90gal FOWLR for 6 months. Just bought 2 MP40s (awesome) and a BRS RO/DI unit so I don't have to BUY water anymore. I have to get rid of a couple of fish, Humma trigger, black trigger, and I think my Emporer Angle before I start putting corals in. Also, I'm upgrading my lighting to LEDs for corals in the next week or two. My water has been testing great except when I overfeed then the nitrates go up to 10-20ppm. Water changes and running my skimmer kind of wet to help that out. I have B-ionic 2 part system for Alk and Cal. along with test kits for that. I DON'T have testing kit for Magnesium yet. QUESTION: Am I doing things right? Corals kind of intimidate me. I just think they are SO delicate. What else do I NEED before adding my first corals and speaking of that, what should I start with?;);)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm worried that I'm using a Wet/Dry filter..bioballs and can up the Nitrates. I've done some reading on corals but haven't grasped the LPS,SPS soft differences yet. My LFS just calls them soft or hard. Should I switch over to a sump instead of a wet/dry? Berlin style or what is recommended?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts