The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even after the issues over the past few days.....i found something new.....

its growing in the cracks of the rocks.....in multiple places,,,,,i thought it died off after the issue with the attempt of the sump install....but it popped back up.....

it a bright neon lime green and kinda swirly looking......i cant get a pic of it due to its size......

just wondering if by any chance someone might have an idea of what it might be.....or maybe found something like that in their tank,,,,,,

i now its a shot in the dark without pics....but aint happening with my camera.....

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Is this what it looks like? If so I know jason has some in his tank.

Neomeris annulata
This is surely one of the most distinctive seaweeds in Hawaii. N. annulata has a fingerlike form, grows to 4 cm high, and is found in tide pools, on reef flats, and in subtidal habitats, where it often grows in groups in depressions in the rock. The tips of this seaweed are green in color with a fuzzy appearance that is produced by many fine hairs. The lower part is calcified and white.

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that might be it cary.....but this kinda looks spongey.....but it may be that they are so small......they dont come outa the rock like that...just kinda stay bunched up in the crevices of the rock.

and i also think that i posted this in the worng section!!! my bad....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts