The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get the sucker out he is in a hole on a big rock with zoes and acros attached help?

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
You can try a Mantis trap...

Or you can flush him out with cold carbonated water in a turkey baster...

Be careful, they are known to split a person's finger wide open...

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got him out with a stick and he grabbed it and scared the crap out of me,then he ran back in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would seriously consider the use of a large bore shotgun:funny:

Sorry, I know this is no joking matter........

I would probably just freak out and stare at my tank for days wondering what to do.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Can you take the rock out of the water? That is how I got mine out. I saw him in a rock that was "somewhat" easy to get out of the tank. I then took the rock out and hit the rock on the ground and he fell out.

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
If it will fit in a 5 gallon bucket, fill the bucket with tank water and try and work on the mantis on there.... That way if you can get him out of the rock, he'll fall to the bottom of the bucket and you can pull the rock out quickly....

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stuck a peice of meat in his hole he went in to munch I had the rock cleared out so I could yank it fast first time he fell out went back in tank second time my wife held a net over the hole so he couldnt make a run for it,he fell out when I slung the rock to the table and my wife screamed :)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what mess she has forgotten all about that :) heres another shot
he is responsible for about 50 snail deaths!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
that is totally awesome!!! too bad they are bad news.

where do they come from? hitchhike in on live rock?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.