The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw this site a few days ago and I am condering buying. I have never known or heard of anyone buying from them yet, so i am a bit apprehensive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone said they were one of their favorite online sites as far as buying coral goes. So I checked it out, I sent them an email asking how do we purchase the products and why are they so cheap?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I just received word from the owner of the site. He said the Tunze's are on sale, and they will be going up in two weeks. He can take payment as paypal, checks or moneyorders.

I'm a little upset since I bought a few 6100s and a multicontroller and full price. Guys' jump on this if you need Tunzes, you will actually make money when you want to sell them in a few years, lol.

So email him w/ what you want and he'll give you his paypal address.

·
Registered
544 Posts
would another vendor, say F&S, PA or MD do a price match ?? Might be safer than paypal and all that fun stuff going to your favorite vendor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you transfer funds up to $1000 from your bank account, it's gaurenteed to be repaid in full if anything were to happen. Paypals legit. I don't think anyone would price match this, there's no way these vendors are making that much of a profit. I have no idea how this site is doing it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow, that's cheaper than wholesale... this guy is either trying to buy some business or is a poor business person. In the short term customers would benefit from the price, but you can run a business selling things at a loss. There isn't much discount for volume purchasing plus, the demand for Tunze products have far outstripped supply which would naturally result in prices heading up. I called my suppliers (Champion, Premium Aquatics, Bayside) and it STILL took me a couple of weeks to get my Tunzes...Plus, he's got shipping costs on top of that...

Reminds me of SNL's skit "Change bank" - "We make it up in volume!"

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
lower than wholesale i dont think so. i have friend in HK. the retail price of the tunze wavebox 6212 is $360. i cant get the wholesale price out of him yet.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i knwo for a fact that the wholesale on the 6200 is more then what he is charging.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Sea Monkey is right. Prices can vary for anyone. Dirk gave me a great price on my pair of 6100 with controller. Check with him.

·
Where's my Brain???
180 Posts
I also thought Paypal was the safest bet, till a guy on Ebay screwed me and Paypal refunded only .25c

Then in another case, i was fully refunded.

So now I always use a Credit Card though Paypal if I am leery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get the package w/ 2x6100s and a multicontroller, or if you could even do 2/6200s. Definately get the magnets. (the cheaper ones will be fine). Let us know how everything works out for you, congrats!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
The magnets are a must... other wise I'm surprised that the Tunze are such a high quality product, except for their mounting kits which are a piece of ****. Go with the magnets.

Those prices are below wholesale period. I've checked with 4 different sources, and even with volume discounts, those prices are still below them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts