The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mid week, and seems it just started.....THOUGH yesterday had that decided Monday feel to it.
Good morning and.....HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY to All.

Coffee is up, and PB+J on Buttermilk waffles....Orange marmalade.

Yesterday was just stupid long, busy, and hectic......and most of that was just because it seemed *onday and Tuesday were combined. Had a blast through the LONG WEEKEND, but seemed like in amount of stuff to accomplish yesterday both at work, and 'stuff' was piled up.

Finger's crossed for today to have a more 'normal feel' to it....though because of the long weekend, I have PT 3 nights in a row.....on top of a long day at the office, PT doesn't begin my home n relaxing period. So once home, the evening seems to be tooooooo short.

Grooviness to One n All,
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
264 Posts
Mornin Hack! Good day to all who follow. No breaky for me I am afraid, a couple quick cups of Joe down the hatch and I hit the ground runnin this morning. You all enjoy a snack with Hack and I will check back later.

·
Super Moderator
22,246 Posts
Morning you two, and those that will be checking in today.

While the new truck ice cream ritual happened in the house , broke the truck in just right with breakfast in town.

Power company tree cutting crew downed the last of the pines at the road yesterday, which means I have the fun of relocating the timber to the back of the property ( technically midway near the pole barn) for future shorter sections chain sawin’.

Glossed over the truck’s owner manual last nite, found out I DO have remote start ( was not hitting the key fob buttons in the correct order). Who knows what other goodies I’ll find , heheh.

Now waiting of the town grocery store to open while I’m close, for a few grub related things .

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Good morning Hack, Rick, Jeff and all of the TRT family.

Kelli I hope you pop back in today.,

Hack today will probably be a better day. We all have days like that and I don’t even work. Thanks for the coffee.,

have a good day Rick,

Jeff, your like me when I buy anything, I always read the manual.,we are down to just my truck, Kristine sold her 18 Cadillac, she works from home and we really didn’t need a 2nd vehicle anymore. I stillhave one bike.,don’t ride much .

have a good hump day.

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Morning al busy day today being delivery day.. Really windy last night but didn't lose power l

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, Jeff, Vinnie, Doug, a Dallas of TRT!

Hack - Thanks for the coffee and waffles! Yuck with your super long days with PT tagged on the end of an already long day.

Rick - How on earth do you have energy to work without eating breakfast?

Jeff - I bet you enjoyed your ride to breakfast today. Good to hear that you have a remote start for the truck. My niece enjoyed that in the winter when she lived in ChicagoLand.

Vinnie - What’s on for you today?

Doug - Yay on not losing power in the winds you had last night.

We had a frog-strangler lightning and massive thunder between 5:30-6:15 this am. Sophie doesn’t usually react to thunder, but there was a HUGE clap that sounded like it was right over head.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Good morning Cath,

I don’t have a lot to do today, just cleaning up the mess I made around my tanks. I missed my dentist appointment, I didn’t check the calendar with all the stuff happening around here. I called them and told them I would make an appointment in a few weeks. It was just a cleaning.

·
Super Moderator
22,246 Posts
Afternoon break greetings all,

75% of the felled pine tree hunks are relocated, and my boss said it was time to take a break. Good thing I have a good boss otherwise I would fire me , heheh.

Bright n Sunny here , nice day to be outside . Even though the Deere and it’s loader bucket ( with fork arms attached) is doing most of the heavy lifting, I still have to reposition the heavy ones to get em lined up with the forks. Have to dodge the stumps ( about 2”above ground but enough to concern myself with keeping the tire side down) .
I wonder if I was doing a good thing when I told the tree guys to lop the trunks into 6-8’ size, and I would relocate them from near the road and tend to the rest of the cutting. I woulda had more in numbers to pick up, but I’m still using a 7’ pry bar to move the big trunks into position along with getting them on the forks when they get too big/heavy for me to pick up.

Taking the license plates off the old truck, and prob transfer them to the new truck, since I just paid/got this years sticker. Speaking of sticker, I’ll prob have sticker shock when they tell me the upcharge to put that plate on the new truck. Was nicely surprised when I got the quote for insurance on the new one, thought it would be worserer . The old truck will still be here, but never seeing the roadways again, retired to “around the Ponderosa”duty .( And not crazy about “messing “ up the new truck’s bed ,heheh)

Well, the boss said back to work, good thing since if I sat in this shop chair much longer,I’d doubt if I could get up.

Carry on TRTrs!

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Afternoon all, gotta ret these energy rebate papers in the post, thought I had 90 days to do it but no, only 60 so I gotta send them resisted receipt so I am not late. Then I gotta get
ERYNS car and get it home so it can get worked on.
Not so smoky but it's creepin back, hot and bright out. Probably another weekend that only time off is for a dr appt

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW......TRT forums are a buzz today....WAY COOL!!!!!
Hey Folks! Home from PT, and Taylor Pork roll sandwiches patching up all the 'hungry holes' in me belly. Com'on now George, point out that 'one of us' calls this by the wrong name. 😁

Neck is improving constantly.....now by the end of a hard working day it's only 'sore'. 'Stabbing pains' are scarce, and knee dropping headaches are none existent. God is good!

Now for a wee bit of catch up.......
Monday the Hack Boys went to the range, and as usual whenever 'Uncle Donny.....HACK.....my younger Brother' is involved we come home with more ammo and guns than we went with.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Line Gun barrel

A Henry repeater in .22LR, and a Ruger M77 Mark II in .270 Winchester

The Henry was a blast, and as smooth as silk.....never got to the Ruger as Nate's new best Friend is a Reminton 700 in .223......And his new 'playground' is out around 300 yards.😁

Company just left, and took both squeechers with them.....Ahhhhhhh, QUIET!

Kelli, welcome back around......and I'll 2nd n 3rd it.....PLEASE don't be a stranger.

Time to go prowl for desert,
Grooviness,
Hack

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IT'S A BLAST Vinnie. Never felt a lever gun feel sooooooo smooth. And you can even hit the broad side of a barn with it.

He's the head haunch at Shooter's World up here, so folks are always bringing guns by for sale......he get's to pick n choose whether it becomes 'store property' of his.
I awoke from a Rip Van Winkle slumber of some 30'ish years....being out of the loop with love for shooting and collecting. Our Son Nathanael I decided was about time to initiate Him into the shooting skill set.....2020, GUESS WHAT...the world went STUPID! Can't find anything, and when, IF you did...the prices. I was/AM in absolute shock!
A buck a piece for a .38 spl......RELOAD and only comes in 100 pc bags. Yeah......You think LSD in the 60's was strange!
Hack

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
'Ammonia' huh?Yeah, real black market for THAT stuff! 🤔 😁
Hack

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Evening all back from town got Eryns car home. Picked up brake parts for it. Need to text my guy about swapping em out.
I am so tired gona be a early night for me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts