The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where to post this because I'm not sure what this is, but I think it might be from one of my corals. I have been seeing these fluorescent green specs in my tank, only about 4 or 5. Anyone know what these are from?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the best I can do. It's hard to get a good pick of something so small and in the low light. If I turn the lights on it blends in with the sand.

·
SPS'n It!
1,232 Posts
I also can't say for sure.It looks alot like when my maroon clown pulls tips off of my frogspawn n spits em out.He doesn't do it all the time (coral is thriving) just every so often as if to file some sort of "complaint".:funny:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope that isn't the case. He has taken up residence in a hand full of my coral including my frogspawn.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just purchased a fluorscent green tipped frogspawn.....it's slowly opening up more and more, but I did notice a green spec on the sand bed right below the frogspawn. I only ever saw the one though - so wasn't too concerned. I assume if this starts to become a regular occurrence, then there's either something wrong with the frogspawn, or, something in the tank is picking at it.

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts