The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmm, so my flowerpot was dying rapidly. I lost literally about 60% of it in less than a week. Well I took what I thought was a drastic measure today, and busted out the Dremel with the rotary saw attachment. I cut most of the flowerpots dead 60% off, fortunately only one side died, rather than the whole 60% of the lower end. I have it sitting on its flat side that I just cut, on my sand bed, and now its doing well. Its night time, and its little tentacles are out even. I Didnt think itd work THAT well THAT fast.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
:beer:

Any pics??

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get pics up tonight... another bit has still continued to die off =( But its not quite as bad, I'll get pics up tonight. Im not working, but at work right now lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
how is it dying? the polyps just not coming out or is there a brown slime on the coral.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its now dead. It wasnt coming out, but had about 10 little tentacles still. Now its brown, was covered in slime. Now I have a skeleton. Heres the pics of when I first fragged it lol...... It WAS doing fine for a little bit. I didnt want the dead remains to get on the rest of my stuff, since it was dying rapidly. So I moved it to the tank with my puffer, and It stopped dying. Once I moved it back to the reef tank, hoping it was on the recovery, and I Didnt want the puffer to eat it, the whole thing finished dying. Here is the pic, its really crappy and blurry, which is why I Didnt post it...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It WAS a nice round baseball sized deal. Thats it cut in half

1 - 8 of 8 Posts