The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Coralife Pure Flo shut-off for my RO/DI system for years. About 2 weeks ago I had the valve break and have had two new ones shipped to me and both have been bad. The issue with the new ones is simply poor quality control. The first one had the rubber stopper plug that was glued in crooked and I could not get to it to straighten it. The second one had the same issue but also had so much left over rubber and plastic from the mold that it also would not shut-off. It also filled the float with water from a poor seal.

All of that said, I am not buying another Coralife float.

What floats are others using? I need to get one fairly quickly.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have another float on the way. Not the Coralife this time!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I hate float valves for numerous reasons. I rely only on float switches and a solenoid for that reason. The nicest thing besides reliability is they allow me to place them further apart so I get nice long RO/DI runs which negate the effects of TDS creep which is a major problem with float valves.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate float valves for numerous reasons. I rely only on float switches and a solenoid for that reason. The nicest thing besides reliability is they allow me to place them further apart so I get nice long RO/DI runs which negate the effects of TDS creep which is a major problem with float valves.
Could you expand a bit and maybe a diagram as how you have your RO system setup to your storage container?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts