The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Officer Tang
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im sure you've all seen that commercial for flex seal where the guy replaces the bottom of a row boat with a screen door and then shows how flex seal makes the boat water tight again. I immediately thought that this would be an incredibly easy and cheap way to seal leaks and cracks should they ever arise. Clearly it's better to replace a leaking tank, but could this buy us time in the very least?

·
Officer Tang
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says non toxic on the label, but i dunno, I'd hate to be the guinea pig in this experiment

·
Officer Tang
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, yea, something tells me I could call in the next 15 years and get that deal

·
Officer Tang
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aside from possible toxicity, of which there appears to be little or none, this stuff seems better than silcone. Dries faster and holds tighter. Application is certainly easier as well.

Now to determine if it's reef safe. Any way to test this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seems too good to be true. The screen in the bottom of boat never flexes seems to be pretty tough!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's pretty much the exact same thing as ashphalt spray for automotive undercarriages and rocker panels. It's almost certainly ashphalt and rubber based.

·
Officer Tang
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's pretty much the exact same thing as ashphalt spray for automotive undercarriages and rocker panels. It's almost certainly ashphalt and rubber based.
So would that imply that it's a good choice or a bad choice for our aquariums?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I was thinking that the first time I watched that commercial, and why a screen door? oh well, still makes me want to pay another $10 shipping so I can get the third can free...
Lol, the examples of use they have in that infomercial are terrible! I miss Billy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts