The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a few weeks of siphoning i thought i had gotten them all, i gotup to check my tank today and the lil buggers had a sex fest the last few nights and i can see the start of the plauge coming back, what can i buy that will not harm inverts, corals, or fish???? if there is such a thing.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Do a search, I saw one earlier today. I think remember something about a Salifert product. Flatworm Exit??? Don't quote me on the name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heres a question about the flat worm exit,
what if i were to take all the lr out put into a seperate bucket and dose then after a few min take each peice of rock and dip into a fresh batch of water and powerhead and spray them off then replacing them in display tank? but before dosing siphoning off the sand bed? would this work??? or has anyone tried this????????

·
Registered
852 Posts
Flatworm eXit (by Salifert) does not appear to be harmful to a reef tank. The danger is in having too many flatworms where the toxins from the dying fw cause the damage. Some people have dosed 3X the amount and had no problems.

But, if you think you have tons of the things, I'd split up the display: set up a q-tank to treat your corals separately, then treat the main tank as well - the flatworms bury themselves in the sand so you're not likely to get them any other way. Also I'd remove the fish just to be sure.

You can do a search and you'll get tons of info ;)

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.